Training - What Training?!

My application of it was far less fascinating than the examples I followed :disappointed_relieved:

Right, time to wax some chains and swap some tyres aroundā€¦whilst thinking about some exercise tomorrow.

1 Like

Run intervals with my friend later, heā€™s better so I always get a proper spanking. Feeling a little bit of that dread @gingerbongo mentioned yesterday. Probably do something like 6 x 800m

Edit- he got held up at work- and it was chucking it down - I went home and did 5*1000m at 17kmh on the new treadmill, 90 seconds jog between, watching the Olympics :ok_hand:

6 Likes

Iā€™m off to a group intervals session later. Hoping the rain holds off!

3 Likes

Is that when they get surrounded on that island?

@tunster

Ahā€¦the one where time doesnā€™t make any sense anymore

@toby_Hole_in_the_leg

Yep. With added supersonic Gendry and ravens

Yep Thatā€™s the one

I did think that myself - when the night king resurrected the dragon was an ā€œoh fuckā€ moment the first time I saw that episode

Did wonder where they got all of the heavy duty chains mind

1 Like

Ha I wondered about the marvels of things like that too.

Definitely.

Shame it went off the rails a bit after that.

80 minutes on Zwift

222W NP / 0.67IF

3 Likes

So, ran tonight for the first time in a ā€˜whileā€™ā€¦ only just over a mile, and it was only my 44th mile of the year (:flushed:)

So, kept it slow, and easy.

I have however, now produced a plan for a 13 month campaign towards IM Copenhagen next year, and am going to be bold and put my goal out there in public to hold myself to account.

My IM PB is 12:01 but I feel like iā€™ve not put together a full race properly yet, so have set myself a goal of going sub 11. Iā€™ve a 5:14 half PB, so know that with some focus, its achievable.

To get there, iā€™ve got to increase my current bike FTP by 27% (its fairly low at present, so feel thatā€™s realistic) and decrease my run LT by over 2 mins (again, sounds a lot, but its on the floor at the moment, and the target is only 11secs more than my prior best)ā€¦ my swim is what it isā€¦ my IM PB is 1:18, which is shite I know, but if I can get to that again, or within a min or two, iā€™m there or thereabouts.

Iā€™ll share my target TSS and how iā€™ve calculated it all etc as I start making progress. Iā€™m feeling really really motivated at the moment!

13 Likes

Man with a plan !

1 Like

Run club intervals. 800m loops stepping up pace each lap with recovery. Started easy, lap 7 was just faster than 5k PB pace and then did an 8th all out, felt close to pulling at the end. Think I did that right.

2 Likes

Well played number 1, you beat me to it!

I managed 3 x 2k this morning, resting 90 seconds. Average pace 4:02 becauseā€¦.

ā€¦ā€¦ I ran in some carbon shoes for the first time.

Iā€™m converted, they are quick!

5 Likes

I was waiting for you to respond :wink:

2 Likes

And @apm and @Duckhen
(Pretty sure thereā€™s another @Adam too?)

Is there a secret Club of Adamā€™s who discuss helmet polishing?

4 Likes

Holiday week is resting and eating. 2 pizzas this evening :ok_hand:
End of the week, Iā€™ve got a 37k, 1500m climb run so Iā€™m sure Iā€™ll utilise it!

3 Likes

Too right.

I knew that joke was @APM style :rofl:

1 Like

Went with Mrs W for a walk in the UKā€™s only desert. Was going to Zwift this evening but I seem to have caught a stomach bug from my daughter. Yes, have done a test for you-know-what.

3 Likes

2400m OW swim this evening

Super nice. Overcast so hardly a soul - other than a pair of swans drifting about in the bay, and a family camping in next bay - no boats or paddle boarders - dead calm. Even the drive home was nice despite a big diversion. Just nice

1st 1500m in 28 mins

3 Likes