Training - What Training?!

Tritalk Zwift TTTs filled me with dread. Starting from about the Tuesday morning, 2 days out.

5 Likes

Imagine how Jeff feels :rofl:

3 Likes

Jeff probably felt nervous from Monday evening, what with having a different start time 'n all :wink:

1 Like

:rofl::rofl: Brilliant

Still recovering and hoped you’d all forgotten for this winter :rofl:

1 Like

Think of them as a “gold” session rather than a hard session

90 minute Zwift

225W NP / 0.68IF

4 Likes

50 min turbo

20 mins yoga while simultaneously watching Game of Thrones - not sure that is how yoga is supposed to be done but what the hell

4 Likes

@tunster Episode?

Series 7 episode 6 I think (capturing the dead dude from beyond the wall and death of the dragon)

1 Like

3x10min 105%ftp with 7:30min RI. Really hard session for me as was also dreading it and looking forward to it in advance.

Struggled on rep 2 but kept going and managed rep 3 with slightly lower cadence and HR. Max HR at 155 on rep 2 (max is 160). Legs are a bit wobbly now.

Last hard session of this training block planned for Thursday morning. 2x15min 105%ftp 10min RI. I’m already nervous of it.

3 Likes

Thinking about going on Zwift, or out for a ride, just thinking about it at the moment.

That counts, right?

1 Like

So, soft pedalling nancy ride or turbo sweat fest?

I think you’ve earned a soft pedalling shandy drinking ride outside :muscle: But just the one, mind.

3 Likes

7.2 mile run
Bit windier this morning
53:02 / 7:22 pace / 128Hr

1 Like

198m easy
66m kick

2x132m Individual medley
16x33m FS @1:30 +15s
4x66m FS @1:30 +15s
4x99m FS @1:40 +15s

18-19 SPL

Managing a “paced” length of butterfly now without dying and able to go straight into the backstroke. I am turning the pool into a wave machine though.

1 Like

12.5 mile run

Exploratory re-tracing route along Kelvin path to Milngavie ( as always didn’t go according to plan! ) Very muggy and a bit of a slog :hot_face:

Prob head out for a late evening OW chill out

4 Likes

First hyrox test

From 10.3 ski erg hour to 12.5… kms.

Better technique and extra weight helps.

Tough but really took inspiration from today’s news.

1 Like

I didn’t train.
I learned about Gray code to solve a work problem :exploding_head:

My brain now hurts and I need to lie down.

It was more fun than Zwift :speak_no_evil::man_shrugging:t4:

1 Like

30 odd miles on the bicycle, quite a large dose of CBA since Denmark shut us down, I’ll be in the crap if they reverse that decision on Saturday

4 Likes

Just googled it - that’s fascinating

Only change one binary bit when you increase or decrease a number

My son was telling me about a programming language called Whitespace which uses only non-visible characters: Only [space], [tabs] and [linefeed] have meaning. The resulting code is invisible, unless you choose to add visible characters - which are ignored.

So I guess you could like a program which looked like PRINT(“hello world”) but actually returned a far less congenial message.

3 Likes