Training - What Training?!

One of my meetings got canned and I’m WFH today, so snuck in an easy 10km @5.44 pace.

2 Likes

That is nasty!

1 Like

So, now I’m sat at 36kms since Sunday, with this 6.5hr ultra on Sunday. Rest from now on?

1 Like

i would. it’s only a couple of rest days. Unless you’re liable to get really antsty (sp?) then maybe an easy whizz on the bike. But i wouldnt bother running.

1 Like

Cheers mate. yeah I was thinking of an easy 30min on the trainer or just a bit of a walk. I was hoping for 60km at this event but it’s now 6.5hrs, so that will be a stretch. I’ll just do my best :slight_smile:

How does that work…?!
You run for 390 mins then stop ??!

Like a 12 hour time trial on a bike…?!

More or less. It has two loops (both about 7km). You can run as much or as little as you want but the further you go, the more ‘add ons’ to your medal you get. Go over over 42.2km and get the ultra medal and another add on for 50km.

I’m just using it as a test session for Endure 24 next year.

1 Like

Sounds interesting! Seems like you’re happy with consistent lead in over past month?

Yeah, it’s been pretty consistent lately and my training long runs have gone well, in that I’ve come home at the same or better pace. Basic plan is to run 6.25-6.30s for 3.5hrs and see how I feel after that.

But we all know about ‘plans’ eh? :smile:

Definitely what training for me? Trying to have 2-3 weeks of pretty much nothing after a long year to have a decent break, although I think I’ll be going stir crazy by Saturday!

Jeff

4 Likes

Get one of those City breaks booked in Jeff. Somewhere proper weird!

Always good to have a break Jeff.

1 Like

Haha, so you don’t fancy Belarus or Armenia then?

I did think about it but work is mental and I’ve got to stretch my holidays until next September! And I’m spunking about 13 days on my U.S.A. trip in April.

We finish on 20/12 until 2nd so will hopefully get a decent break then as well although I will be training.

Jeff

1 Like

Whereas my CTL will get a kick in the guts!

Snap.

Im hoping my one race at the start of Dec covers me in arrears for the rest of the month!

I’ll be resting up over those two weeks, too.
A nice mental break and reset.

The GF is usually away visiting her niece in Swansea for about 4 days as well so I’m completely left to my own devices :slight_smile:

Only downside is the limited amount of daylight!

Jeff

1 Like

That’s Week 47 done and dusted.

11hrs, 713TSS. CTL @ 94.
5 swims: 3hrs, 10.5km. Even did 5 x 400m!
Nice week in the water, CSS test coming up to see the #gainz as I’ll be transitioning over to a fortnight of fun cycling, before commencing Manchester Marathon training.

3 bikes: 5hrs 47mins, 128km.
One hour indoor spin.
One ride up Mow Cop in feels like two degrees.
One simple outdoor spin.
Nothing special, just ticking over.

3 runs: 2hrs 13mins, 28.3km.
One half hour easy dog run.
One slightly quicker run, with some segments thrown in.
One hour jog, with a lost trace :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

Again, the week has ended with me feeling fine.
I took Saturday off (binned a planned Fartleks session) and had a lie in. Which was nice.

Probably just replicate that week again this coming week, nothing too monstrous.

5 Likes

Finished the week off with an 11 mile muddy run.
30 miles of running for the week and one turbo trainer session.

2 Likes

Another step up last week:

1 x 9k outdoor run, managed to hold 6:45 miles which was pleasing
1 x 1.5k swim
3 x treadmills runs
3 x rows & weights

2 Likes