Training - What Training?!

Or what’s the hardest indoor climbing grade you can lead :rofl:

I remember the 30 minute treadmill challenge well :grinning:

Here’s the sort of thing I had in mind, anyone fancy a play? Please excuse my spreadsheet skills & feel free to make it better

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1jhC3pNxZGrLKO5dCSpWOUMjySMCoosCKqDZIQnT_RcQ/edit?usp=sharing

Edit: hopefully should be editable now

3 Likes

Watching Otter climb, grades seem to be gibberish - but I guess that’s because her size means different sorts of grades mean different things when you’re 4ft tall vs 6ft.

Hit 99 CTLs today, and Connect has added a single Watt to my FTP! Zwift race plus 5k brick run.

1 Like

Well there’s that and the fact that every setter is a law unto their own. Each ‘gym’ will grade differently, and i’m sure there’s tonnes of sandbagging going on! Styles will have an impact as well. My firend i climb with (when we do get around to going) is much stronger on the slab than me, but anything overhanging or that needs raw power and i’m miles better than him.

99CTL.

F*** :face_with_symbols_over_mouth::face_with_symbols_over_mouth::face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

1 Like

It’ll only go up if you have a ‘Productive’ session. So if you sandbagged for 60k on your bike, you won’t get any extra I guess.

60km was effort.
51 PRs!
Going into town I was merely avoiding death.
Old commute route home, I could’ve swam it faster. A bit wet!

NP was 220
(FTP estimate somewhere from 265 to 280)

Intervals last nigh, 6 mins @ 4:10/km then 7 times 300m sub 60s (3:10/km pace) 100m recovery followed by 6 mins @ 4:10/km. Managed a maximum HR of 187, which is the highest for 18 months, and each interval I got my HR over 180

My legs are wrecked, club Zwift ride (that I organise every Thursday at 6am) was gentle this morning.

3 Likes

Started Spinning sessions with the tri club, had my 3rd session on Tuesday, HIT sessions seem to be brutally hard… or am I doing something wrong?

No, I think HIIT sessions are supposed to hurt :sweat_smile:

My towel was soaked, my clothes were soaked, and there was a small lake under my spinning bike… Most of the others were just perspiring lightly

Oh I’m a heavy sweater too; just proves your body is adapted to cool itself. Just remember to drink :laughing:

Nice spreadsheet @fruit_thief Confirms, what I already know in that I underperform at IM based on estimations :frowning:

8km easy outdoor run @5.41 pace. Brings me to 80km since Sunday but no bike yet.

2 Likes

5k race last night and I was going for sub 18. It’s split into two races depending on your predicted time. We were told to wait for the other race to finish before we started but then I heard 3-2-1 go and the other race hadn’t finished! I hadn’t even got my garmin ready and I was near the back! There’s a small 0.1 mile lead in, before 3 1 mile circuits. My splits for the mile circuits were 5:37, 5:56, 5:53 - with an official time of 18:01! Course comes out slightly long on Garmin so it’s prompted me that my new 5k PB is 17:57 :upside_down_face:

Just noticed on runanalyze there’s a Heart rate variability section which I’ve not noticed before. Does anyone use this? R-R interval starts at 456ms and then quickly flattens out with an average of 362 ms

7 Likes

I’ve done 4K running tonight :rofl: and it wasn’t pleasant!

3 Likes

Here you go bitchez. Finally back up to :100:CTL. It’s taken since the schools went back in September :sweat_smile: inevitably downhill from here until Schools go back in January :expressionless:

8 Likes

@Poet is going to do his nut with those 46 notifications

not far behind you, sitting at 96 at the moment, but should pop over 100 middle next week… and then, the long hard battle to keep it there over the winter begins!