Training - What Training?!

10 Likes

30 minute spin class. Cheap shorts, seam caused friction burn to a testicle.

Had enough so channelled @Poet and bought some rapha ones.

10 Likes

Gambled on a treadmill run despite both legs feeling in tatters from one thing or another.

Picked a zwift workout, 5*3mins didnā€™t sound to bad. 30 second recovery was somewhat overlooked :pleading_face:

Legs held up. Onwards.

6 Likes

Didnā€™t get time for anything yesterday, today is gonna be tricky as well. Luckily Iā€™d anticipated that this week was going to be difficult to get out much at all.

Need to get back on the TT bike at some point. Also need to get the brake issue fixed so it can accept the disc as Iā€™d like to ride that at least once before Cots so I know how it handles! :man_facepalming:t3:

7 Likes

You could just remove the rear brake altogether? Make your bike lighter, plus they only ever slow you downā€¦

3 Likes

Plan!

2 Likes

10km easy. I was absolutely rooted last night when I went to be. Big effort to get out the door.

In Coffee#1. nowšŸ‘

5 Likes

Is it rim braked?
Whatā€™s the issue?
Maybe just ride with the rear brake flicked up?

Soā€¦trainingā€¦daughter projectile vomited all over the bathroom last night.
Iā€™m now knackered.
So is she.

Day of rest all around.
(Or I will jet wash the patios)

Itā€™s bloody glorious outside, too :sob:

3 Likes

I suspect GBs issue will be his brake being the TRP carbon v-brake - theyā€™re absolute shite

A pig to setup and they constantly seize up

1 Like

Ah. Yes. Giant.
Itā€™s underneath, right?
Unlucky then :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

1 Like

The douche before cut the brake cable too tight to the brake bit (caliper?). So I canā€™t slacken off/open out the brakes to accept the slightly wider disc as thereā€™s no spare cable to thread through.

Yeah theyā€™re like under the bike sort of thing. Iā€™m not going to even attempt re-cabling the bike!

3 Likes

Go on. Itā€™s pretty simple, although if Adam says theyā€™re a PITA, then Iā€™d say probably pay someone :smile:

1 Like

Iā€™m trying to just reconnect the caliper (or whatever itā€™s called) and that is a massive pita already. I donā€™t want to balls it up any more. Though saying that, itā€™s unrideable at the mo anyway! :joy:

They really are horrible brakes! I can see why he cut the wire so tight now, as the exit point for the cable pretty much ejects straight into the chain rings!

3 Likes

Needed to do a long run as my longest this season has been 15 1/2 miles

Headed out today with the intention of 20+
Was going to do a 9 mile out and back and then 5km loops with aid station at my house.

About half hour in just started to feel very drained.
With a mile to get home, felt worse.

Made it home and downed some fluid, but could not get going again.

I know Iā€™ve been putting in the hours, including 4 yesterday, which seems to now have caught up on me. Last hour yesterday had HR going up and power going down.

Am meant to be doing a HIM on Sunday, but the forecast is currently heavy rain, so that might get sacked off.

Think the rest of the day needs to be rest

10 Likes

Sounds sensible mate. Those very long runs can be a bastard if you arenā€™t feeling it from the off.

Another 2 hours on TT.
Hip pain becoming a real issue and making the whole thing unenjoyable.
Considering running was going to be a challenge enough, Iā€™m not sure I can get off the bike already broken :confused:
Physio on Tuesday, need a miracle.

5 Likes

The week of a twenty mile run? :crazy_face:
Grafman again?

1 Like

Yep.
Never done it before and was only using it as an IM simulation. Wasnā€™t aiming to go in massively rested.

However itā€™s meant to be heavy rain all morning, so Iā€™m considering sacking it off as there seems little point doing a 3 1/2 hour round trip to just be miserable for 4 1/2 hours

Gonna go out tomorrow for a long ride and see what the forecast is.

Might try the long run again on Saturday and then a long turbo on Sunday instead

Have got another long brick session planned for the weekend after as the last long session before a two week taper

6 Likes

50 minutes in the gym this morning.

5k row, calf raises, military presses, press ups and sit ups.

6 Likes

No training today but I had to shift a lot of bags of concrete around. All this weight training has paid off. None of this bend at the knees to carefully lift a bag and carry it. Just grab it a chuck it one handed.

10 Likes