Training - What Training?!

Ha! That’s exactly what I thought when I saw how many calories you burned on your long run recently!!

Refuelling is the only skill I over achieve at. :joy:

1 Like

Had a week off lifting, partly because my shoulder felt odd and i didnt want to anger it and partly I was being lazy.

Deloaded by 5kg on each and went again today. Felt tough going, probably because I had too much wine last night.

4 Likes

Jogged for thirty minutes.
It was cold and windy.
But also warm.
Which made me moist.

5 Likes

Is this the poetry thread?

3 Likes

I hate poetry.
Contrary to my username.
Those are just my initial thoughts, to be said in a John Cooper Clarke voice and beat.
Thanks.

1 Like

50 minutes in the gym after a few days away.

5.5k row.
S&C, donkey kicks, bridges and sumo squats.

7 Likes

Jog for half the hour
Chill the wind that cools the bones
Yet also warms them

There you are, haiku form.
Your welcome :+1:

7 Likes

Unsure if this is accidental or not :thinking:

The welcome is indeed all of mine :hugs:

2 Likes

Your all welcome

3 Likes

Arctic summertime
A male, obese athlete runs
For half of one hour

//

There was a man called Thomas-John
Whose running form was rather severe
He felt rather free…
Zing you must see
And could not say no to the beer :beers:

4 Likes

Did a ride inside.
Was not feeling great at all.
Mega Pretzel fail.

4 Likes

What.
Have.
I.
Done.

Your.

1 Like

Running with my friend
He flicked the afterburners
Bitter tears I cry

2 Likes

I think I could out this in three or four threads now, but it’s going here:

https://youtu.be/kyAn3fSs8_A

7km into ‘something’

15 Likes

2hrs at the climbing wall yesterday evening and 7.2km trail run this morning.

To keep with the theme of things…

Yesterday climb high
Today forest trail run fine
Tomorrow climb strong

5 Likes

22km, with some hill walking. Again, not feeling it today. Tried to stick to 8km p/h pace for a race simulation and that was hard to do.

Also got attacked by a bramble!

7 Likes

May22 – Month

Physio
3rd session (05/05/22) used ultra sound again on my damaged shoulder tendon.
Swimming & skipping are still banned, but weights for rehabilitation exercises were increased.
4th session will be sometime in June to gauge my progress.

Sick Note
I picked up a traditional cold (head full of snot and chest full of phlegm) this month.
Possibly from the first day I needed to drag out the air conditioning unit for my loft office.
As I couldn’t seem to find the ‘just right’ setting, leaving me too hot/cold/hot/cold/repeat.
Anyway, this led to a massive cut back on my running and more gentle efforts on the turbo.

Swim – 0 km

Bike (Turbo) – 386 km
I actually came a lot closer than expected to my April total (402km), which was a 5-year high.
As, in addition to replacing swimming, easy turbo sessions also replaced some running this month.

Run – 41 km
Thankfully, I’d ‘banked’ well over half of this total in the first 10 days of the month.
Then took an 11-day complete break, when my chesty cough made running a bad idea.
Finally, I ended the month with some short/gentle runs just to check my progress/recovery.

Other
Some gentle weights for my right arm to supplement the rehab exercises on my left shoulder.

Overall
Slightly disappointed that I wasn’t able to build on April, which was a really good month for me.
However, I know not giving myself time to recover from a chesty cough only makes things worse.

Roll on June.

Cheers, Paul. :slight_smile:

10 Likes

A slow 48Km 3 hour mountain bike ride last night (75% on road but it was net uphill!) and a slow 11.5Km treadmill run this morning. Family have left me home alone for a few days so what’s a time-starved bloke to do?

8 Likes