TriTalk on Tour 2023

Nice took me 3 attempts and I got in with a 4:25 HIM in Elsinore. I expect Finland to be pretty tough, but maybe not quite as bad as Nice

2 Likes

The initial slot allocation for Finland has European races with 45 slots and US with 30.

Iā€™m with Matt thinking it might be popular but not as much as Nice was.

I got really lucky with Nice at Edinburgh as there was a lot of slots and only about 800 finishers.

I donā€™t think it will be as popular outside of Europe.

Might hang about after Dresden though :joy:

2 Likes

Q for WC is a lottery. Kona this year is much easier than previously, double day and already had WC in St George, add on fears of recession, and zero availability of accomodation. Lots of stories about previous bookings being cancelled because prices have tripled.

I wonder whether holding a double Kona will actually result in killing off the event. The level of frustration is massive

4 Likes

Ref Isoman; mechanical efficiency means 2h of swimming is not like 2h of biking! In order of efficiency, Bike, Run, Swim. So thatā€™s how it should be scaled. Total fag packetā€¦1.5/40/10. Sh!t that sounds familiarā€¦

2 Likes

Entry for IMCH has just opened up and Iā€™m itching to pull the trigger. Had decided a few months ago to forget about triathlon with my consistent running injuries but Iā€™d love to go back and scratch the dnf itch from 2019. Will have a think about it.

9 Likes

I was perving over the pictures a mate posted up on Strava

What a place for a swim and the bike and run courses look good too

4 Likes

Yeah, looks amazing. Quite like the look of the bike course. Itā€™s got a pretty big lump in it, so not a fat course. Iā€™ll sleep on it for a week or two and decide.

3 Likes

He described it as rolling which is perfect in my book. Donā€™t want pan flat or on the opposite end of the scale Bolton/Lanza

The timings would be hard to work around school wouldnā€™t they?

I break up on the Friday. :grinning:

3 Likes

Lucky you. Our last day will be the same as this year, 21st of July. Iā€™d love to do a euro iM next year but will have to choose one in August, or do Wales againā€¦

2 Likes

Which one is IMCH? Chattanooga?

Iā€™d love to do this one. The Kinneret is beautiful to swim in and the roads round there are pretty decent.

1 Like

Thun

Or join me and funkster at Frankfurt :wink:

1 Like

Switzerland

Would love to, but itā€™s just a bit too early. Iā€™d be having to leave hours after (hopefully) crossing the finish line.

2 Likes

Time for a celebratory beer then. :joy:

No, Thun looks good.

1 Like

Thun does look really nice, I had a priority entry as well but really undecided about next year.

Iā€™m also a bit nervous that it will be stupidly hot!

Yeah i really like the look of Austria and Switzerland, maybe Nice would be an option too.

1 Like

Outlaw.
Finished by 4pm.
Out the site by 5:30pm.
In bed by 8pm :+1:t3:

3 Likes

If Nice uses the 70.3 course itā€™s pretty lumpy! Run was alright but hot that day.

Gone off Austria a bit as I donā€™t think accommodation is great?