TT1TT

Cracking efforts all, I’m also dropping in on Tuesday. I think I’ll go on the track to measure properly rather than rely on gps, sub 6 min would be nice

3 Likes

Which tracks are open Dave?

I remember doing a mile fairly early in my running career (pre triathlon). I quite clearly remember it as one of the most painful things I have ever done.

Not done one since.

Bit this thread is giving me ‘certain urges’. You b&@€$¥#ds!

5:19 of utter agony IIRC. I beleive my pacing strategy was doing a flat out 100m then hanging on. Great days.

6 Likes

Considering this started as a 1km, I might still go out and target the sub 3 1km (+/- @gingerbongo target of 2:53 :wink:) and then try cling on for 2 further minutes of regret.

2 Likes

Interesting that a <5 mile is identical age grading for me to a <17 5km, the original lockdown challenge!

3 Likes

My mate was on barn elms track yesterday

If you do the km properly there is zero chance you’ll be running another 600m! When I finished my km, I dropped to the floor immediately!

4 Likes

Bloody miserable out there today.
Threw in a mile on a relatively straight bit.
Forgot to set up the display to see how far I had to go

Pretty much what I thought
72.95% age grade

8 Likes

157bpm… :open_mouth: i’m up in the 190’s at that pace!!!

Yeah snap!!!

Av HR was 135 for my mile but it doesn’t get much higher. Maybe 140 at a push.

FFS, I reckon I hit that getting out of bed🥵

6 Likes

Have always been a Diesel engine

Who’s stupid idea was this. That was bl00dy horrible. Just holding 5:30 pace at half way then I could feel the pace slipping away. That last 0.2 miles is nasty.

5:39
Age 50
HR 179
AG:75%
Weight: 80kg. (Throwing in this cheeky little cat)

7 Likes

Not an overly pleasant experience. I started at the lowest point of the loop and ended up finishing on the slope up. Might be worth a couple of seconds to start nearer the top.

6 Likes

Great times all. Seems like I’m last on age graded at the moment! Might have to try again at this rate!

1 Like

Yeah cracking effort guys

@stenard when you’re young you get the luxury of ignoring ag percentage as it’s not real life! :wink:

1 Like

@gingerbongo has a lot to answer for! :hot_face::skull:

Age Grade 72.3%
Excuses: Working nights. Woke up feeling up for it, but HR and pace mismatch throughout warm up. Gave it a good go, but think there’s a <5:00 attempt by end of April.

9 Likes

Nah, my result had me at 64% so bringing up the rear.

Hehe. It’s a nasty little beast eh. There’s deffo a lot of skill in eeking out your maximum for any given fitness level though. Much easier to pace now you have a benchmark to work from.