TT1TT

Yeah, pleasantly surprised pacing was pretty much spot on. Fairly consistent pace for all the best 400-1600 splits, considering initial 400m was slight downhill and then gradual fade in pace as plateaued and came back uphill.
Next steps: sub 5 mile, sub 3 km, 4:49 mile (sub 3km pace).

2 Likes

But first, crawling back into my 5min/km comfort zone for a while

2 Likes

Well thanks @gingerbongo & @chickenboy that was fun :hot_face:

Popped my 1 mile cherry - think I could have gone harder, but yeah never tried before - happy with 180 bpm for the effort

10 Likes

Great stuff Adam!

1 Like

Like a numpty I swapped my watch to miles but the alerts were still kms. Nice way to break up an easy run though - May have another crack in the future :+1:t2:

2 Likes

Given we weren’t far apart at Bushy Parkrun what seems like 3000 years ago that’s almost the same as what I did last year, that was 5:51 but with an uphill last 200M.

Although I struggled to get around 8 minutes last night :rofl:

3 Likes

Yeah, so long ago. Those parkruns were the only speed sessions I was getting in at the time

2 Likes

Top work Adam, nice top end HR too, I bet you were king potty mouth at that point :joy:

1 Like

I had a little sit down on the side of the road after :rofl:

3 Likes

I imagine the curtain twitchers were quite alarmed with that.

Fortunately outside the water treatment works opposite the reservoirs as you come into Molesey - furthest I’ve been away from in weeks!

The weathers good, wondering if I might have a try of this at dinnertime, just need to find a flat 1.61k :rofl:

4 Likes

Has anyone seen my right lung? Think I coughed it up and left it on the pavement about 20 minutes ago

5.20, think that’s a PB

Maybe a slight yet cheeky wind assist, I won’t lie. But 9m of elevation so I’m claiming legality :grinning:

46 years, calc says 77%

Nice challenge by the way :+1:

11 Likes

Ah shucks, wait, I forgot to adjust for these guys.

5.33 :wink:

4 Likes

Well that was horrible.

5:54 - standing start and wore my Flyknit’s

Age grade is about 71.9%, I have managed 76% on parkruns and even a few months ago was in the 75’s.

Excuses, warm, slight drag uphill for 700M into a traffic assisted breeze, then down for about 500m, but evened out. Hard bike session last night, only gave blood 2.5 weeks ago, I’m old and rubbish!

Jeff

8 Likes

Great stuff Jeff

I think the age grade site we are using is your mile time on a track rather than on the road.
There are different sites with some where you enter track or road so maybe parkrun uses the road calculation.

1 Like

Warm and uphill fair enough. But was anyone forcing you to do it in women’s clothing? :wink:

Good effort jeffb :+1:

4 Likes

Haha, yes, the stilettos slowed me down :rofl:

1 Like

Well that was unpleasant

Time 5:49:51

Age Grade: 75.98%

Time to aim for: 4:25:80

8 Likes