Virtual Zwift Rides

We’re EMEA W B4, and finished in the bottom half of our league (technical problems meant we only got three starters in one of the points races so scored null points).

I’ll race on Tuesday as I’ve nothing better to do but I’m not sure how much of a team we’ll have, people have been losing interest fairly rapidly the season! And probably CBA to do the Saturday race. This whole finals thing seems pretty shambolic

Yeah - think they are just using it as a BETA type event. Be interesting what they change come September.

Saturday race is interesting - I understand why they’ve done that to make it more accessible - but I guess it will rule lots out.

Christ it’s too hot to be still doing this in May.
My garage was a sauna…3 fans, wet towel, frozen drink and I was melting.

HR hit 202 over titans. Pb. 14th. Nil points
Hilly. Pb. 11th. Doh. Nil points.
Sprint. Pb. 15. Nil points.

Got caught out as the pace picked up early for finish, struggled to make way through the pack for 17th.

Great course… Time flew by.

9 Likes

Pretty much identical for me, PBs on all segments but no points. Also 11th on Hilly, by 0.1s :sob:

In 5th with 100m to go, finished 12th :man_facepalming:

5 Likes

Holding 4.5 up Titans KOM watching the split go ahead of me. Stuck with the second group until the sprint and had a 2 up for 33rd. Decent power for me but no points in the game.

6 Likes

This is how stupid our league is.
Titans 468w (6.88wkg) and Hilly 412w (6.06) and that’s not good enough for a single point. Paced them both fairly well to. Titans maybe went a bit early. Hilly I was chasing.

3 Likes

5.8 and 5.7 W/kg for no points in the bottom half play off of the lowest B leagues :roll_eyes:

2 Likes

The sooner they sort these categories the better.

We had a guy with a 15 sec pb of 17wkg :rofl:

2 Likes

Our race also seems to have vanished, it’s not on zwiftpower or in the ZRL results as far as I can see :thinking:

That’s not good!!!

We bagged 3rd spot behind the teams loaded with cat As.
Sat is not a good race for us tho. Sprinters we ain’t. Still, finished in top cup thingy.

1 Like

FFS THIS SURFACE PRO KEEPS MINIMIZING ZWIFT. I can’t bring it back up either, it’s stuck below the tray when I try to restore it.

Any ideas? It’s an old Surface, with a lot of shit on it that keeps popping up. Not mine, so can’t just bleach it.

Ride outside?
It’s 20° and glorious.

#JustAThought

2 Likes

Crazy talk!

Don’t you know that Jorgan lives in gangsta land and it’s not safe to ride outside :rofl:

6 Likes

Not time efficient.

2 Likes

I’m with the J man

It’s like whacky racers out there

Zwift is the obvious answer

3 Likes

I’m heading in that direction

Crazy talk in the summer when it’s dry, light and 20°

In fact, I can be outside faster than riding Zwift.

Also, are you all actual robots?
Do you even ride for enjoyment anymore?
It’s nice outside.

4 Likes

Whilst I don’t disagree on the safety or the time aspects of zwift… I REALLY struggled last night.
My garage is East facing and despite not getting on the bike till 6pm the heat was bad. I’m not sure how I could do anything of effort when its actually summer.

I do need to up my miles (sorry KM) tho… Saw @funkster tip over to level 49 and didnt think I was far behind. But he’s flying through and I’ve still not ranked up! Doh.

2 Likes

Yes, last night. Felt like junk miles but was enjoyable seeing the sights (sites) of Boro! Just missed out Club Bongo :grin:

6 Likes

Did you go past Triads clothes shop, Empire nightclub and Teesside Park, though?
Side trip out to Tall Trees in Yarm.
Detour to ICI Wilton.

Them’s the real sights!
Better write to Eric Min and ask for a new map - BoroLand.
Parmo power-up for a burrito-busting finale!

2 Likes