Virtual Zwift Rides

2.5 hours left. Can’t you watch the new episode of Kenobi?

Joined Coco

Got two podcasts to get through.

Kenobi is a big screen show :+1:t2:

2 Likes

Not gonna make this today.

Will get to 100km and reassess

7 Likes

Poor Zwift thread is feeling unloved after 13 days with no update :frowning: you’d think it was nearly summer!

Anyway, was pushed for time tonight so thought it would be a great idea to do a 3K iTT, turns out it wasn’t and my legs are still feeling it a bit :rofl:

Just under 4 minutes and AP was something like 370W & 5W\KG, finished about 24th out 75 or something but blagged a whole 25 points!

I originally thought it was a group start then noticed the TT starts.

6 Likes

Emily dealt me out 15 minutes of punishment last night & then I quit. But was 2 tinnies in before starting, so the odds were in her favour.

Down on the aero bars too :beers::face_vomiting:

6 Likes

I did it too, pretty much identical time and numbers to you. But for some reason I’ve been category enforced up to A and so came 32nd in A, rather than 25th in B :man_shrugging:

4 Likes

A second in it :joy: and buzz was next behind you.

Think I went a bit fast at the start and had had to ease off a bit after 2 minutes before I blacked out :grimacing:

4 Likes

Did Bologna as a warm-up. That’s my excuse anyway, as well as hating 4 minute efforts with a passion.

3 Likes

Pheeeew. First (and last) crit race for a long while, on the Duchy course.

Stayed with the group the whole way and finished maybe 9th out of the 16 that were together on the last lap. There were two punchy hills on each lap and we seemed to go harder and harder up each one every lap! Probably could’ve eased off a lot more between efforts and sat in the pack, but I’m a trafleet and have no race craft. Plus it’s a better workout for me to keep the effort up between ‘intervals’ as well for a jolly good 24 min effort.

That’ll do.

4 Likes

Looks like I was 6/9 on ZP but with the highest avg w/kg :joy:

2 Likes

My best ever result 210…after coming 7/7 in A :rofl:

Would have come 10th and scored 415 in Cat B :man_shrugging:

4 Likes

Which race did you do? I saw your name down on the Duchy start list. But not on the results. :person_shrugging:t3:

I banged out of that, having got dropped on lap 1 of 5 (A Cat only start). 3x Leg Snapper Innsbruck event was conveniently timed about 15 min later; mass start, so plenty of Bs to ride with.

1 Like

I like races on the Duchy course, 6 laps of that is a good workout

Although I’ll probably like it less now I’m Category Enforced to A and will get dropped on the first climb :sob: :joy:

4 Likes

I’ve not raced since that happened :roll_eyes:

2 Likes

I’m still not that near to A in Zwiftpower :man_shrugging:

It’s a right PITA because I wasn’t exactly tearing up any trees in B cat!

1 Like

Amused me :slight_smile:

10 Likes

Had a wander round tempus fugit earlier, not flat out but partly to get some heat training in!

Then cruised round the 3K gravel race in Makuri

2 Likes

This is my life now. I try not to do the A-Only starts as I do just get dropped early. Mixed starts there are always strong Bs to ride with. I think I was having some ‘sticky watts’ issues which ended-up putting me in A after a few races where I was well over 4w/kg; I’m back around the 3.8 again now. Thing is though, I only ever get good points when I race A anyway :man_shrugging: (scored 210 coming 7/7 last week!)

1 Like

It’s so annoying being cat enforced to A when in reality I’m an OK B who can stay with the front but then gets rinsed in the sprint :confounded:

I guess it’s because it takes your best FTP/CP/whatever else rather than the average of your best 3. My best 95% 20min power is 4.07wkg, but then my second and third are 3.85wkg and 3.75wkg. Just need to wait for that 4.07wkg mark to time out :roll_eyes:

4 Likes