Vuelta a España as it happens***

In a creamy sauce?

1 Like

How is :ok_hand: offensive? I use it for ‘okay’ or spot on…which is exactly what it is meant for; particularly in diving.

Has it been misappropriated?

1 Like
1 Like

Oh FFS. I would have though the O would be used for A-hole or something.

But what about the black (gloved) hand though; that was a ‘black power’ thing in the 60s. People will find offence in everything tbh.

3 Likes

Oh FFS, stop the ride I want to get off . How is one meant to know that. Not like its a white pointy hood is it.

3 Likes

yep, i use that one all the time for ‘ok’. :roll_eyes:

Why don’t you go whole hog and get a swastika tattooed on your forehead?

4 Likes

Bye :wave::man_red_haired:t2:

Quinn Simmons either just fell off or had a mechanical.

What’s wrong with gingers?

1 Like

I think it was a reaction to my lack of sensitivity. I was either going to mention his hair colouring or his beady Armstrongesque eyes…I went with the hair on that occasion.

1 Like

To be fair, who hasn’t been a d!ck when they’re a 19 yo bloke. Luckily we didn’t have SM to expose what ignorant buffoons we were.

4 Likes

I have a lot of sympathy for guys like Ollie Robinson who tweeted inappropriate stuff when they were much younger and it’s only just emerging to bite them many years later when they are in the public eye. I’ve got less sympathy for churning out stuff like that now when they are professional sports people and should have some sensitivity for what is acceptable and what will cause offence.

5 Likes

It’s about context though. I use :ok_hand: to mean OK and this is :ok_hand:

ETA: I came here to say what is Nico Roche’s accent all about?

Some kind of Dutch/Irish chimera I think. It’s a bit grating tbh.

Still, Orla…

3 Likes

Nico Roche grew up in France, didn’t he? I suspect English wasn’t his first language as a child

I believe so. I think his mum is French. I asked my wife to guess where she thinks he’s from.and she said French.

I think he spoke mainly French growing up.

Anyway, Orla :heart_eyes:

1 Like

That wall at the end. Gutted for Magnus but he looked truely spent zig zagging up the ramp after he’d been passed.

2 Likes

Yeah he was done! Not sure what was going on between Mas and Roglic in the middle. We’re they chatting, or did it just look that way?!

Mas, to be fair, has looked decent.