Watcha watchin'?

It’s not really hard; TT2.0 has provided a Quantum leap forward in mobile-friendly pun posting.

2 Likes

You’ve certainly got your gold Finger on the thunder Ball today

The Billion Dollar Code on Netflix :+1:t3:

1 Like

Saw No Time To Die…(backs away from thread carefully)

There’s a lot of good scenes and I enjoyed it, but there were a few things that weren’t very Bond for me so I’m saying 7/10. For me, it’s not as good as Spectre whether it’s the three button jacket in Italy or the long coat in the forest, I couldn’t say but it misses the mark for me. Maybe some of the script. Plot is great though, just enough mad evilness without being ridiculous.

3 Likes

Lilyhammer, old now but enjoying it.

1 Like

I enjoyed that but didn’t see it through. I did like the crazy counsellor.

Frances Ferguson.

Odd. I liked it though.

Midnight Mass, Netflix

Anyone else watching this? I’m not sure about it. The first three episodes were good, the fourth I’m not sure I can go with. I cant see how it can go anywhere but downhill from here but I’ll give ep5 a crack.

Bond.

Good.

Enjoyed it. Reminded me that the cinema is actually pretty cool, even if my old man dad back did not enjoy nearly 3 hours in the crappy seats. £5 on a Monday at my local crappy cinema though. Can’t go wrong with that. :+1:t3:

11 Likes

My sort of review :clap:t2::sunglasses:

4 Likes

Dune

A powerhouse of a movie. Villeneuve has outdone himself.

9.5/10

3 Likes

Maid.

Netflix.

:sob:

I don’t watch this channel often but I do like his delivery style (he talks using a teleprompter). I found this one quite interesting, especially ‘owning’ your body.

2 Likes

Yeah, it went downhill.

It starts well, but then it goes into a story I’ve read or seen before sometime ago so it loses originality too. The theological ramblings meant to support the story simply wouldn’t hold up to anyone who is actually Christian, and that’s fundamental to the plot so not great. Then it all gets a bit silly.

It’s trying to make some sort of moral point somewhere in there too but that’s lost, and also meaningless when you see that characters are just not consistent with the way they were portrayed in the first three episodes.

So, great acting, there are some gems in there but overall I would give this one a miss. It’s not a disaster either so 6/10 - only if you can’t find anything else to watch.

Dune.
Biggest screen in Britain
Weirdly remembered quite a bit from the Lynch version despite not seeing it for many years.

Looked amazing
Sounded amazing
Great production design
Great world building

Just not a lot happens

If you’re ok with that, then you’ll love it.

6 Likes

I saw it tonight too. I thought it was good. Not read the book (yet) so didn’t know the story but the pace was about right for me. Better paced than Bladerunner 2049 which was too slow at times IMHO

1 Like

Watching Minority Report. Jesus the special effects are appaling. I know it’s old, but it came 3 years after the Matrix which was lightyears ahead.

Oh and, you can see the future and have flying cars. But you can’t disable the retinal access of your currently most wanted criminal.

It was referenced in Coded Bias that @Poet suggested. That was OK, lacking in tech details for my geek mind. Was quite one sided as well, but some scary examples of AI and algorithms getting it wrong. Of course only getting it wrong because they had been trained wrong by the biases of the devs and creators.

One of the most shocking things was the response from some of the big players to the ladies research. IBM called her in, discussed her findings, revised and re trained it’s facial recognition AI and pretty much removed the bias. Amazon? Wrote a blog post discrediting her and her research.

5 Likes

Who is it?

Mark Lewis, don’t know much about him apart from he’s a body builder that likes to do endurance stuff as well. I can’t even remember how I cam across his channel, I just like his delivery and he talks about different subjects.

1 Like

Went back and watched a clip of that video - from bout 2.30-5.00. Not what i expected tbh, he does make some really good points.

1 Like