Watcha watchin'?

Scrap that - i got confused!!

I meant Final Space … very different, though still on Netflix!!

1 Like

Fair comment

1 Like

I loved both, though they target a different generation.

My son is obsessed with cookies.

1 Like

I started to watch the remake of The Thing last night (didn’t know they had re-made it). Shit’s about to get real, as they say. :grin:

I actually watched the ‘remake’ first, then the original. It’s not really a remake in the true sense…but the direct aftermath of the first film’s plot…it follows the infected dog that escaped to another research station, and it all goes from there. They visit the research station from the Kurt Russell film in the ‘sequel’ iirc.

ah ok, cool, I’ll watch tonight.

In addition to some of the above.

Netflix:- Mindhunters & Springstein on Broadway.

BBC iPlayer:- The Detectorists, Giri/Haji & Mortimer & Whitehouse: Gone Fishing.

A lot of very good stuff out there.

Just a quick hat tip to ‘The End of the F***ing World’

I dismissed it as probably teenage nonsense but it’s fantastic, a sort of if Tarantino did dark British teen movie. Very dark and very very funny

4 Likes

I couldn’t get on with Mindhunters. Made it about 75% through the first series but there didn’t seem to be any tension. You know who did it and the back story of who the cops met, his g/f etc didn’t hold my interest for long.

It’s quite good imo.

I’d recommend to you on Netflix; Living With Yourself, After Life and one of my personal favourite’s, Maniac.

Apologies, it’s a prequel, not a sequel! So at the end of the new film, they are chasing the dog that arrives at the Kurt Russell camp.

ah ok, cool. :+1:

Looking over the T&URT thread I was reminded of Barkley Marathons: The Race That Eats Its Young on Netflix.

Fantastic programme.

2 Likes

I really like Ginger Runner’s stuff.

OMG - forgot a few things …

The Kominsky method - really, really good
Unforgotten - Series 3 not quite as good as 1 & 2 IMHO but still gripping
River - a bit bonkers but very watchable

Had no TV I wanted to watch few weeks ago so this thread was timely.
Watched episodes 1&2 of Dracula. Enjoyed so can’t not watch eps 3 but note @joex review.
Also since tried trial of Christine keeler, good first episode and will see where it goes.
Treadstone. Enough said, episode 3 already.
And surprisingly gave End of the F world a try, as again never expected that to be for me when came out, but that’s OK easy watching.
Might try Expanse

1 Like

I’ve just started Messiah, 2 eps in and still interested.

1 Like

I’ve done a few of the witcher. I like the genre, but found it quite boring rbh.

Treadstone ep 1 was good enough, I’ll tick them over slowly.

I gave up on Witcher, too much mumbling.

1 Like