Watcha watchin'?

I remember it being on the news.

If you want to watch festival disasters, have a look at the Fyre Festival doco. What a train wreck!

3 Likes

Severence on Apple TV is pretty good.

It’s Sci-Fi but more in the sense of alternate reality rather than aliens and stuff, so I’ve been enjoying For All Mankind.

If you’ve got Disney + and haven’t watched it The Americans is decent.

How are you liking Paramount+? I wasn’t convinced there was enough on it that I’d want to watch to be worth it.

I didn’t like Severance. At all. Went off after 20 minutes.

The Americans? Is that the Native American drama?

Paramount+ … no idea what it’s like :pirate_flag:

1 Like

KGB Spies living in America in the 80’s

Reservation Dogs is what I was thinking of.

I’m watching Tokyo Vice and Better Call Saul for some cerebral TV :face_with_peeking_eye:

Channel 5 last night :heart_eyes:

Ooh, I’m currently reading Ben Macintyre’s the spy and the traitor - so I’ll look that up :+1:t2:

1 Like

Are you liking it? If so, I will check it out. I listened to Agent Zig-Zag by him on a long car journey Last Summer :exploding_head:

2 Likes

I’m about a third of the way through, so far I’ve enjoyed it.

Macintyre has painted Gordievsky in a favourable light and he’s fairly likeable

The proper shit has so far yet to hit the fan though!

2 Likes

watched Thirteen Lives last night on Prime. all about the rescue of 13 boys stuck in a flooded cave in Thailand in 2018. Even though you know the outcome, it still grips and the cave diving scenes can make you hyperventilate!

worth a watch

ETA - just noticed that @Bob mentioned this the other day.

3 Likes

Has anyone watched 13 lives and the documentary that was on previously?

Thought the documentary was fascinating - esp the down to earth English divers. Keen to watch this but wondered if it would be overshadowed by actual real life footage/people.

Does Musk make an appearance? :wink:

thank fuck - no!

1 Like

not seen the documentary but Ron Howard’s film is like a drama-doc and whilst it’s probably missing some key points/action it’s a great insight into the event.

I hadn’t realised until I read elsewhere that the 2 key divers were awarded George Medals for their work.

2 Likes

I haven’t seen the documentary but I was interested in how close 13 lives was to the real story. Apparently Stanton spent every day on set and tried to make it as real as possible. His comment is that they’ve done an exceptional job. His only comment, and one that they couldn’t rectify, is the underwater scenes. He says in reality it was dark, murky water with next to zero visibility and impossible to communicate between divers. They couldn’t reflect that in the film for obvious reasons.

7 Likes

Original predator :sunglasses:

7 Likes

Theres something out there, it aint human. We’re all going to die.

6 Likes

Prey, entertaining reboot. Nice effects, certainly dates the original :rofl:

2 Likes

Moonfall. Nuff said

Other than when Hawkins dies and they do the moving camo, I’m struggling to think of any really dodgy effects (I think they’ve fixed Mac’s arm for streaming) in the original?

1 Like

Err every single ‘viewpoint’ from the predator. Making it look VERY 80s! The heat vision etc.

1 Like