Watcha watchin'?

Thirteen lives - film about the Thailand cave rescue in 2018. If the film is anywhere near accurate, man that was a tough rescue. Recommended.

2 Likes

Boyd Holbrook is ace in it. Yeah mad casting. It’s great fun. Gory too :yum:

1 Like

Wow - carter is extremely violent

I’ve not seen Thirteen Lives, but there’s the original film/documentary cleverly called The Rescue on Disney & that was really good. Total mish-mash of enthusiasts, normal bods & eccentrics doing a great job.

3 Likes

… and Elon Musk?

:hatched_chick:

We all live in a yellow submarine a yellow submarine a yellow submarine

3 Likes

Mark Lewis, 2 months of cheat days, youtube 15mins

Quite entertaining :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Quite like his videos

1 Like

I do as well

Started watching Sandman yesterday. Agree with bingeable, I ended up going to bed far too late!!

2 Likes

Reminds me of the graphic novel, which is like a 30,35? years old memory. Some of the shots are definitely taken directly from there.

Liking it so far.

3 Likes

Yep - binged 3 episodes last night as well - very well done

3 Likes

We’re 5 episodes in to Sandman and are enjoying it. We watched 3 episodes on Friday and another 2 last night. Episode 5 was very good.

Mrs W is a huge Neil Gaiman fan. I think the fans of the graphic novels have a very particular opinion on how the TV show should look, which is probably why it looks so much like the books. I think they’ve changed the gender of some of the characters though, which hasn’t necessarily gone down well with some fans :man_shrugging:

3 Likes

Just got told about this by a mate. Wasn’t on my radar at all

For hobbit fans

3 Likes

:rofl:

Yeah i love this stuff, so I’ve been looking forward to it for a while. But I have a feeling it’s not going to live up to Peter Jackson. I know a lot of people got really iffy with the hobbit trilogy. But I loved that too.

I despair.

What about those of us who don’t like;

Dungeons and Dragons
Sci-Fi
Comic books
MCU

:person_shrugging:t3:

That’s literally everything at the minute.
Anyway, I found some wheat amongst the chaff;

Trying (season 2. Apple TV. Couple adopt some kids.)
Physical (season 2. Apple TV. Woman battles personal demons via a Reebok Step in the 80s)
Loot. (Apple TV. Billionaires wife gets divorced. Uses money for good. But she’s a bit shit. So it’s funny)
Woodstock ‘99 (Netflix. What. The. Actual. Fuck. Who thought this was a good idea? :joy: Music is good like)
The Resort (Peacock. Like the White Lotus. But more caper-ish and a lighter tone. If disappearances and plots are “light”)
I Love That For You (Paramount+. Odd woman REALLY wants a job as a shopping network presenter. Gets one. Oddness ensues. Amusing)

Gods of Snooker (iPlayer. My days. Brilliant)

1 Like

Heard about that Woodstock doco. Sounds horrific

1 Like

Right, so you’re a similar age to me, as is @gingerbongo - at that point, I was vacuuming up everything to do with US (sub)Culture; ice hockey, skating, basketball, East/West coast rap, nu-metal, pop punk.

Loved it all.

But I never heard of this festival until now :person_shrugging:t3:

The internet doth a small world make.

1 Like

I’ve heard of Woodstock, not sure why.

Wasn’t particularly into the whole American thing though. Other than a few nu-metal and pop punk bands on (my friends’) MTV that i liked listening to, but wasn’t into the clothing/culture etc. Never really liked the US centric sports, still don’t. Wasn’t into rap or their TV or style stuff.

2 Likes

Yeah I’ve always had an interest in American culture too.

You’ve probably heard of wooodstock @gingerbongo because of the 1969 festival - ‘summer of love’ etc…

I never heard of ‘99’ - I read an article yesterday about with purely shocking behaviour - I can’t say I know much more but will probably watch the show at some point

1 Like