Weekend Warrior - Blenheim

Last year as it was warm the support crew laid out the wetsuit inside out r on the abs it dried off pretty well.

1 Like

a couple of my friends are doing this next year. looks quite cool, i’m quite jealous!

Yeah, you’d think if they could make it late July/Aug then you could probably do it non-wetsuit :+1:

It’s selling well but there are still places left if anyone fancies it. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Blenheim has always been billed as a ‘season opener’ but yeah I agree, a warmer non-wetsuit swim would be a lot easier for Weekend Warrior. I haven’t done it before, but I have roped in my long-suffering husband as my support crew. Each warrior is given an extra wristband which allows a supporter into transition. So it’s his problem. If we get good weather it won’t be too bad; if we don’t it will be interesting…

I guess a sleeveless or swim-run wetsuit might be a lot easier to get on wet…

The support person is an important role. They can take your wetsuit etc to the start each time so you go straight from finish to the start and don’t have to go via transition.

1 Like

Indeed. I’ll look at the weather forecast nearer the time, and might see if I can beg/steal/borrow something…

So I received an email offering me 35% off the London WW. Tempting. I um’d and ah’d but decided I need to get Blenheim done first, and now I have missed the deadline for the discount code. I might regret it, especially as I have nothing on in August.

Would have been this weekend. And what glorious weather; all we could have wished for with the wetsuit quick changes.

Ah well. Fingers crossed for the new date of 12/13 September.

2 Likes

Indications are that Sept is good to go, no doubt there will be changes to the setup. Fingers crossed it goes ahead, I enjoyed it last year and looking forward to it…

2 Likes

I was there a couple of weeks ago, and the lake on the right of the bridge (facing away from the main house) was pretty low.

Shame it’s sold out. I’ve wanted to give this a crack in the past, and would have been a good challenge in the current climate with no other long course races really going ahead

1 Like

I registered interest, just in case they opened up more spots. They have, but just for the Sunday sprint.

£108?!!?!?! :exploding_head:

1 Like

https://livetotri.co.uk/blenheim/entries/?dm_i=506V,DRY9,38PFSH,1L2GV,1

£108.50 for a sprint my goodness.

And they say Ironman is a rip off.

Entirely agree. In terms of value for money as a balance of time spent racing versus cost, I honestly don’t see IM as that expensive.

I did this in 2008 and 2009 it was about £60 iirc even then. Was a fantastic race though.

Yes sorry, ripoff is the wrong phrase. Im sure it is a good race and particularly goven the year we’ve had it would be great to race but its a bit steep for me.

Feeling that the £202 I paid for Weekend Warrior is good value. Well, depends how many sprints I manage to do. :rofl:

5 Likes

+1 I like to get my money’s worth

1 Like

And midnightman half is cheaper :rofl:, more fun and you are local so no hotels either

3 Likes