What bike? Everyone has a bike opinion, give us your best. I need a new one

I need a bike. Just one more. Has to be fast and efficient. Good for riding to work every day through every type of weather, good for a good long road ride, good over the rough stuff, maybe some singletrack. Single ring upfront, light wheels, awesome frame and a bargain price.
Ideas, thoughts and pointers please. And the winner gets the satisfaction of just knowing that their opinion mattered for that moment…

1 Like

Light, cheap, strong - pick any 2, you can’t have them all. (Steve Bontrager I think)
It sounds like a 1x gravel bike would suit your purpose, personally I’d go titanium for all year use but that may not be possible price wise.

2 Likes

You’ve heard of the Magic Quadrant, right?
Bargain price, light wheels, awesome frame and a beauty?
Gotta drop one of them!

Ti gravel bike. Ribble or PX probably cheapest new.

3 Likes

I dropped the high end groupset and finishing kit. Simple 1x SRAM groupset will do. Got to have a good frame to want to ride the b*llocks off it, and groovy wheels to make it handle good and snappy.

Give us a budget

I was dribbling a bit over the Ribble gravel bikes. They look fantastic and get really positive reviews. Ribble have upped their game a lot. Sponsoring the DROPS team also.

1 Like

Club mate has the Ribble CGR and it’s his all year bike now. He just swaps the wheels. Ultegra Di2 on there.

Has to be cheaper than a very cheap 2nd hand car.

My 100k Pug 307HDi was £900 with a years MOT.

I’d say that was cheap.
Very cheap is an R plate Clio for £400 with 6 months MOT.

Your not getting a bike for that :rofl:

These get mint reviews;

I was stroking the Sonder bikes the last time I was in an Alpkit shop some time ago. £2k is too much, I’d have to buy the Clio and that would make me very sad. There must be a middle ground.

1 Like

Hard to see past this.

I’d love a 1by but it’s too hilly here, or a very small front chainring.

What height are you?

2 Likes

I’d just looked at this, nearly posted it here!

1 Like

ME ME ME.

Right, that’s on the watch list

So £1200???
How light is “light gravel”?

this one

1 Like

Light gravel. I think he is talking Audax riding down country lanes.
About £1200 + or -. Tough challenge, but it can be done.
Otherwise…Ribble Cgr

5 Likes

Yup!!! Definitely.

I’ve got the Endurance 725 and love it.
Club mate has the CGR Ti and loves it.

Ooh like the look of that!