What bike? Everyone has a bike opinion, give us your best. I need a new one

I’m another Endurace fan - mine is 2017 vintage (rim brakes, just before they changed over 100%)

The split seat post is excellent. If I bought a new non-Canyon frame, I’d look to buy one.

1 Like

Do you recommend the TCR? It’s on my shortlist for when I eventually get a new bike (unlikely to be for another couple of years unless I come into unexpected cash).

Some lovely bikes you are looking at!

1 Like

I sort of thought that, but treated myself anyway during my lockdown purchase. Di2 is actually great in road bikes. You’re changing gears way more than on a TT, and more front shifts as I ride hillier routes, and the crisp shifting that nevers needs indexing is great.

And the hidden buttons on the hoods are really great. I find it weird having to press a button on my Garmin now!

2 Likes

It’s a great bike. They’ve made them for ages and are popular for a reason. I don’t need such a race oriented bike for the rides I’d do so would now get a Defy.

Just fancy a change from Giant as you see a lot of them where I live because they’ve got a shop near me.

1 Like

You’re selling this one quite well. Get it with the standard Mavic Allroad with 40mm tyres on and a second set of carbon hoops with road 28mm on it. Now to decide on groupset, Ultegra, GRX 1x and/or Di2. All budget dependent of course.

1 Like

He got mechanical Ultegra as it’s “cheaper” to replace and more readily available S/H on your favourite auction sites and online marketplaces.

With riding through winter and off road it needs replacing more.

How often are people trashing derailleurs for this to be a serious consideration? I’ve got GRX on my Diverge and find it excellent. 5000km done on it.

That’s about three, maybe four, months of riding for this chap :man_shrugging:t4:

Fair enough, in which case I’ll bow out.