What Bike

You win :+1:

I’m also long legged and need a short and tall fame. I looked through the options just like you have and ended up with the Cervelo R3. Mine is disc as that’s what I wanted, don’t have much else to say about it except it’s s fine bike with no complaints.
I got a good deal on and internet shop purchase then upgraded myself to Etap & Swisside wheels.

2 Likes

Your partners really don’t want to see the counts in this place! Although I guess I’m the poor put upon partner with just the bare minimum of bikes required, and have actually been losing bikes in recent times.

1 Like

Oops looks a bit boastful quoted there. I wasn’t meaning to do that, just trying to empower @Poet not to get his manhood reduced with a pair of blunt scissors if he gets another bike.

For the record, none of them are very nice bikes, except the Trek TT bike is quite nice but it’s 10 years old.

Collectively I’m sure they would be trumped by one really nice bike. Say a Canyon Speedmax with etap and a rear disc wheel, not that I ever have lustful fantasies or anything :roll_eyes:. That’s never going to happen in this house/marriage though.

6 Likes

None of our bikes (and there’s well over 20 among 3 of us) are expensive individually, and like the car comment yesterday I never lust after anything better, I do occasionally try and suggest to Maryka that a custom carbon version of her Eyre but would be an awesome bike and worth the money on, but she also doesn’t like spending money on them.

2 Likes

Wowsers that’s going some :bike::bike::bike::bike::bike::bike::bike::bike::bike::bike::bike::bike::bike::bike::bike::bike::bike::bike::bike::bike:

I’m not sure having another son to justify another bike is quite the argument @GRamsay or @Poet are going for.

5 Likes

Was looking at this place. It seems they buy 2nd hand stuff give it a good check over and then sell it on with a warranty. This is a bit small but thats a tasty frame for that money

1 Like

That looks like an ex-Sky/Ineos frame.

When I was in there the other week (for the cafe, not the bike shop), they had 12 of the ex-Ineos red/black Dogma frames hanging from the ceiling and a couple of Jumbo Visma Cervelos too.

This one looks a good size. Stack and reach is similar to the Cervelo S3.

1 Like

Well hello there

Few years old, but actually probably the same year as my P3. Nice little Ultegra DI2 set on that.

Just waiting on Doctor’s papers from the misses :slight_smile:

4 Likes

20% VAT and import duty to pay on that.

2 Likes

Yeah I expected the VAT, didnt know about the import duty though (do we have Brexit to thank for that?) Looks like import duty is another 4% on a frame. Its 14 on a completely assembled bike. Still its in stock and my size which is impossible to find at a UK retailer currently

Nice bike. I’ve a Soloist myself. You pay VAT on the import duty too if I recall, so sort of a double tax, which adds 0.8%.

Remember when you could order from R&A Cycles in the US and they’d massage the customs declaration value? Crazy days in the ‘00s.

3 Likes

Yeah and also there is a fee charged for Royal Mail or whoever to collect the duty. Looks less of a good deal.

2 Likes

Oh wow never head of Cycle Exchange before, I wish I hadn’t seen that.

This is pure filth, fortunately its too big for me.

4 Likes

Awhile back they had at least one ex Sky/Ineos Bolide, very nice, luckily just a little bit too big for me :slight_smile:

Aside from the ex-pro team stuff, Cycle Exchange’s supply chain seems to rely on people buying top end bikes, using them very lightly and then selling them, either because they’ve gone off cycling or because they want to buy a new top end bike.

Most of the stuff they are selling is expensive for a 2nd hand bike, but a bargain if you want to ride a high end bike but aren’t fussed about it not being new.

2 Likes

Pretty sure i’ve seen Northroad building up non disc versions…

2 Likes

I’ve never even heard of them. 5.3k for a bike with 105 though. :scream:

2 Likes