Which IM

Usually sells out at the drop of a hat. No doubt likely to be popular next year as well.

2 Likes

Yes. The bike course comes back along the coast to Lisbon too :ok_hand:t2:

Eastbourne IronBourne :roll_eyes: :sweat_smile: It was great :sunglasses:
we had European weather too :sun_with_face: :sun_with_face:

4 Likes

@GRamsay had a spot for that too iirc!

1 Like

I sold it to @Toyota_Crown :rofl:

4 Likes

Lol :rofl::rofl:

Iā€™m thinking about Frankfurt, June 22nd not open yet

ITU world champs is meant to be in Ibiza in 2022, so you could try for a slot. Probably Sep/Oct.

Did an IM-dist in Ibiza a few years ago - great location for a race and cheap flights & accom at that time of year.

1 Like

Iā€™ve two hopes of getting a slot. Bob Hope and No Hope

Take up of places in AG is usually pretty low so often it is just a case of buying the kit and you are a GB athlete.

Thatā€™s another deferred race I believe. Theyā€™re treating the event as a full/70.3 double and the 70.3 is always early May.

1 Like

The Spanish long distance champs were in Ibiza a few years ago. Wanted to go. Didnā€™t. Sounds a great idea.

Spare yourself. There are several good reasons to have this way down the list.

1 Like

Hmm. Seems a lot fewer options than I first thought. What about Barcelona? Thatā€™s always October isnā€™t it?

Iā€™m building a near shore dev team in Barcelona might be able to combine it with a business visit and get the company to front the flights and accommodation. Can imagine the conversation with the procurement team. Yes I need to take a bike box, we are , err, writing software for a bike company, and err, umm, need to test it.

2 Likes

Let me know if you need an information security audit of the team and environment there. Ive done spain before.

Iā€™ll be out at Barca in seven weeks if the race goes ahead this year.

@Jorgan I have family in Frankfurt so the chances of getting approval are about a zillion percent higher :wink:

2 Likes

Thanks Iā€™ll mention that to the CTO. Honestly so far they have done very little.

Obvious qu, may have missed it. Does it have to be IM branded? That would open your options even further, even if you were only adding Challenge into the mix

Thatā€™s a good point, I hadnā€™t thought about that. Will take a look at those as well. I couldnā€™t care less what brand it is really.

Surely Roth is worth consideration

3 Likes

That used to be the case for the long course champs, but I think you have to provide a time within 115% of the AG winner at a middle or full distance race now to qualify.