Which IM

Getting a place is tricky though, right?

Registration for DATEV Challenge Roth 2022 is only possible after 5 September 2021.

Iirc it sells out in minutes.

2 Likes

Ja stimt! Absolut verrĂźckt.

Seconds

1 Like

I want one ideally that doesn’t sell out. I need to know before I enter that I’m on the right track before committing.

I’m leaning towards IM Thun, but again I don’t know if Sept is going to be its usual date. I think IM Switzerland used to be July, it didn’t run last year, and its September this year.

It looks good, nice lake swim, very scenic bike course with a few hills but nothing stupid, flat run.

Shitman never sells out.

1 Like

I think that Thun will be great, I have ridden a few hills in this area, long, but nothing too steep, lovely fast descents. Lake is cooler than Zurichsee, so almost certain to be wetsuit madatory

I think July will be normal date

1 Like

I think what I will do is make a shortlist of a few. Start training and then early next year, see where I am and how much time I think I need, and by then it will be clear which ones are running on what date.

3 Likes

so u think the world will have returned to what was the norm pre 2020 and travel won,t be an issue :see_no_evil:

I didn’t think about Challenge races either. Do they do tattoos?

Will have to see what dates they are for next year but Madrid might be worth a look. Shortlist is a good idea then look at travel, accommodation, etc.

1 Like

IM Tallinn?

My mate did Tallinn, his bike and wetsuit went missing and ended up in Germany. Another one for the list.

4 Likes

Looks like IM Switzerland will be July 10th next year

Looked pretty at the weekend, maybe prettier than in Zurich.

1 Like

Website doesn’t seem to have opened yet for Roth 2022

1 Like

I thought it looked stunning too. Will have to check what the travel there is like, etc.

1 Like

Probably a bit early. Does look very nice.

Wasnt there a problem with the swim being short? Probably not a mistake they will make again though

The date works well for me as I find the school summer holidays quite disruptive to training.I didn’t know about the swim but hopefully they sort it out.

Water was too cold apparently :face_with_monocle:

@Matthew_Spooner any travel advice on how best to get there? On first glance it looks like a dircet flight to Zurich and then train via Bern. Flights to Bern seem to involve a change and that always scares me when taking a bike.

Guys. It’s the 2020s. S’all about adventure and Ultra events now :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

5 Likes