Winter Olympics 22

Nah. Surfing is just about the stoke maaaan.

:+1: I remember when snowboarding came in and an Aussie brother and sister team were saying how it was an elite and not to be stereotyped.
Then the brother was busted for weed🤣

2 Likes

Don’t even mention the anal swabs…

Biathlon :muscle:

First medal goes to a convicted druggie! She claims it was the lip-balm at fault though.

1 Like

When did cross country skiing become skiathlon?

Skiathlon is where you do both sorts of cross country skiing, normal cross country of the two types exists too.

Apparently it used to be called pursuit.

3 Likes

Watched some olympics today, and it’s not made any of us get the ski’s out the garage to have a go, hopefully the luging can encourage us out on the sleds as it’s really looking like a complete bust as to getting us active.

Been watching bits here and there. Gotta feel for Katie Omerod, especially when some BBC muppet asks

‘How does it feel not to be in the final’

‘How does it feel to be headbutted?’, would have been a good answer!

4 Likes

Watched some of the short track skating, just too many false starts and crashes to get a genuine legit result.
I prefer the long track, purity of the fastest wins.

4 Likes

…but how many of us have got a long track close by that we can go and practice at? I like it - reminds me of Friday nights at the ice rink when they call a speed session on the tannoy. Should make it more like rollerball though.

2 Likes

Yeah, make it full contact and all bets are off, I could run with that.

1 Like

Red Bull have done ice-cross before, which was similar to ski-cross and board-cross but on an iced downhill course and was pretty much first to the bottom wins.

3 Likes

Nah, pursuit is what it says on the tin, mass start xc one day, then pursuit set off based on time difference the next day.

No

What happened to that fruit loop who sped skated for Britain and had a calimitous breakdown after talking about other successive calamitous breakdowns. She was in the media endlessly. Reminded me a bit of that moaning 1500m runner who always had a go at caster semenya

The Scottish lady, Elise something?

Ellise Christie.

Was bullied online a lot as well I think

1 Like

None of them have a hope against Shculting anyway. She’s dominated it all recently.

1 Like

Most fights are judged fairly.

In 80% of fights were judges are needed the result is obvious.

Ironically the higher up the order you go the more likely it is to encounter home town cooking.

You do still get some eye brow raisers and the odd robbery.

A few judges have been passed over after strange decisions.

I’ve have absolutely no doubt that corruption happens at the top level, there is just simply too much money in the sport for there not to be

2 Likes