Winter Riding Kit

I’m a fan of Galibier, have one of their winter tops and tend to sweat in it a lot, it’s so warm.

We’ve not had a lot of snow here (only 25ish miles west of Poet but in the Clywdian rainshadow) but it has been very cold. Personally, I tend to just ride shorter to compensate and aim for no more than 3 hrs over the coldest months.

As someone who isn’t a brand tart I’ve found Endura FS260 bib-longs to be very good - I hate bibs but these are a bit longer and so don’t scrunch me up like others I’ve had in the past.

I have Hunt gloves (Dissent 133) - not very good for the price IMHO but a lot better than my £20 Sealskinz which I had previously. Warm but not very waterproof and very fiddly with multiple layers.
Very tempted to try the Galibier deep winter gloves for £25 but not quite annoyed enough with the Hunt ones yet.

PX £15 overshoes - very simple, nothing to go wrong - no need to pay more.

1 Like

I received the Galibier Barrier gloves for Christmas & have been out in them a couple of times when I was tidying up my F-500. They are a proper warm, but bulky, winter glove & will be my go to pair if things look below 5degC, anything above that I love their leather gloves.

I’ve got the Mistral & Mistral Pro jackets. The pro is particularly warm & seems to be a knock-off Castelli Alpha Ros, it would be perfect if it had pit-zips to help regulate temperature like my old Endura Equipe Exo softshell.

Good to hear that the Endura bib-longs are good, I ordered a pair of the FS260-Pro Thermo Bibknickers last night.

2 Likes

I like the look of those leather Gailiber gloves.

I’m not sure I can pull the look off though!

1 Like

You know after a cold few hours of riding through the snowy winter, there’s nothing warmer than slipping into my Rapha Transfer pants and hoody :see_no_evil::rofl:

(Or for just lounging about the house in after a hard day of sledging and snowman building)

1 Like

It was you who put me onto Galibier, I am grateful :slight_smile:

I need a new winter top, may ask the birthday fairy for the Mistral :slight_smile:

1 Like

OMG, you really are a tart :roll_eyes:

2 Likes

What a piece of kit!

Just wore it and a fairly thin North Face jacket out for a walk with my boys. Toasty :ok_hand:t2:

Will get it’s first test on the bike tomorrow. Tempted just to wear that and the pro team training jacket.

Definitely had to size up. Large is perfect on me

1 Like

Yeah, right!!!
I can’t wait for Sunday to use it again.
I’ll also be wearing my Pro Team Jacket over it.

Not sure if I’ve got the winter or training version, or both :see_no_evil::man_shrugging:t4::rofl:

1 Like

Mine is definitely the training jacket but I find that really warm