Worst band ever

British Sea Power

they released an album a number of years ago which had rave reviews so I got the CD - threw it away after one play as I thought it was shite. a friend did exactly the same as well!! not listened to them since

1 Like

Tatu. Russian pretend lesbians entirely concocted by a cynical music label to shift units. I was amused to watch them get bottled off stage at Leeds festival c. 2001.

2 Likes

ooh I remember them.

Got the manics on now FP, thanks for the nudge :+1::grin:

3 Likes

The Verve - bloody hate bitter sweet symphony too

1 Like

U fricken 2

Can’t stand those self-righteous pretentious twots!

5 Likes

I stayed at their Hotel in Dublin once in about 2010. I was offered a free download coupon at checkout.

I left it there.

3 Likes

Do we have to stick to bands or can I include Kanye West. Not just a pretentious tw@t but also a mumblind c*nt.
Band - Bon Jovi. I hate that soft American ‘rock’ more than bog standard rock, although it does allow for separation of people that can’t hear a beat. But pretending to be some sort of rock rebel whilst sporting a massive perm, piss off.

5 Likes

There’s a lot of anger on here :joy:

I don’t mind the Beatles, but agree that them, and others are overhyped.

4 Likes

Going to have to put Coldplay on this list too.

I can’t be the only person who thinks Chris Martin sounds bloody awful

My wife however loves them. She got tickets to see them at Wembley a few years ago. I not so politely declined. She went with her Dad

1 Like

I can only agree with Beatles on that list. I don’t think their music has stood the test of time tbh. You just don’t hear their songs on radio like you do many other ‘oldies’.

The rest of your list makes you look like a Nancy Boy.

2 Likes

U2 is the only album downloaded on my wife’s iPhone because it was bundled in some kind of Apple +U2 album launch gimmick so every time she gets in the car then Bluetooth connects and f’ing U2 starts playing. I need to get on her phone and delete U2!!!

2 Likes

I quite like them … Mrs GB is the same as you. Thinks he’s a whiney *** that can’t sing for sh*t!!! haha

2 Likes

I just don’t see how he ever thought singing was for him!

:rofl:

I don’t think the Beatles are hyped because they were brilliant but because they were pioneers in both genre and production methods. Like a lot of music from the late 70s and early 80s, it can be easy to dismiss some of that electronica, hip hop, etc. as not being that good but they didn’t have current tech and no one had done any of it before.

3 Likes

Hang on. Nancy Boy was Placebo, not Muse :rofl:

Placebo can’t go on the list by virtue of that.

1 Like

Radiohead and that miserable bastard Thom Yorke.

and you can stick Morrissey on the miserable bastard pile as well

I’ve had more uplifting shits than listening to their misery

4 Likes

Hilarious post :rofl: :rofl:

(The Smiths and Radiohead are the two greatest bands ever IMHO)

Oh and my wife hates it when I put them on, she calls it my ‘Suicide Music’

3 Likes