Worst band ever

haha! 2 of the worst imho. but there ya go - we all have differing tastes!

and beyond worst band ever - how about worst genre??

Rap - might as well call it shite aka Rap with a silent C. just don’t get it at all.

2 Likes

That whole 90s Manchester thing can fuck off.

2 Likes

You’re the man…

I listen to a lot of piano music when i’m in the house. Mrs GB calls it ‘creepy murder music’! :rofl:

2 Likes

Ok, so clearly U2 has to be put on the top of the :poop: mountain

With honourable mentions to :

• Coldplay
  • Phil Collins
  • Kanye west
  • 50 Cent
  • Justin Beiber (I don’t think I would ever tire of punching him)
  • Genesis
  • ELP / Rush (all the same really … the reason why Punk came to pass)
  • Beyonce (just checked the spelling of her name and she puts an accent over the e. TW&T!!!)
  • Foreigner / Eagles (well really all of that mushy soft American rock)
  • WIngs

There’s probably more but that was good to get off my chest :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Wort genre - cock rock, Foreigner, REO Speedwagon, Journey etc

Worst genre - Jazz and grime/garage(plus the million and one offshoot versions)

1 Like

This is the thing, I could agree with you on Rap and perhaps add Country and Western: most of what I listen to in both genres is just awful. But then IMHO there are some nuggets within both :

So for rap:

• Public Enemy
  • Run DMC

Country & Western

• Dolly Parton (not all but some is excellent)

Oh just thought of one which is universally sh&te and thats R&B

2 Likes

Blasphemy!

The scientist is an obviously beautiful song sung by a guy who obviously can’t sing.

It’s all wrong and yet just works … really well.

A bit like some of the training plans on here, I’d include mine in that statement.

Ironically I’ve heard it covered by people who actually can sing … not as good.

The Clash and The Sex Pistols. Mostly utter shite.

1 Like

and see - you’re just wrong again! R&B, Blues, Soul, Tamla, Stax etc are what I was dragged up on so they hit a sweet spot for me.

C&W can be hit and miss - the mushy Hank Williams style can go do one but the more modern stuff is better. We saw Dolly at Glasto - she can do little wrong.

Bauhaus.

Liked them at the time, and still love that genre of music. But I listened to them recently and concluded that they were actually complete shite. Not just a bit dated, but genuinely awful.

Oh dear.

1 Like

I don’t like The Smiths (despite being accused of looking like Morrisey on here :laughing:) but like Johnny Marr’s genius.

Love Radiohead!

Sorry @fatbuddha I need to quickly clarify

R&B, Blues Soul, Tamla, and Stax are immense, just too many bands to list in all of these categories

However R&B as a genre was appropriated sometime in the late 90s and this is the music I was talking about Beyonce, R Kelly, Witney Houston, Alicia Keys, Usher, Chris Brown. Awful just awful and the fact that they have called it RnB just makes it worse

1 Like

Hmm, Bjork?

uggh, The Sugarcubes are the reason a country with 300,000 people has such a high murder rate!

Limahl and Kajagoogoo…

A chap i went to school with was his engineer/producer at Utopia…I told him he was wasting his time…Tim Palmer now has his own studio in Austin and many No1s to his credit…

6 Likes

Wow. That really surprises me. Spiteri has a great voice.

1 Like