2020 Goals

In the words of @gingerbongo, Lofty!
That said, I would think all are within your reach.

1 Like

Iā€™m still trying to think about my 2020 but it definitely includes getting out of this fat, unhealthy, unfit and always at least semi injured state!

Thereā€™ll be an ultra in there somewhere, maybe a sprint tri at the end of the summer. Be nice to go sub 17 again. Just to keep proving to myself that I can find that at will.

3 Likes

Minor review since my last post, first is to drop the stone Iā€™ve found since May this year.

Then continue the recovery of the achilles injury leading to a run build up, getting back under 19 for a 5k and then more endurance.

Next is to not embarrass myself at IM Copenhagen.

Finally as things stand, try and get beyond Didcot in Escape from Meriden in November.

1 Like

Donā€™t mess about sonā€¦!

With that bike should be doableā€¦

being 50 this year certainly focusses the mind on what you really want to do by way of bucket list races!

4 Likes

Sub 2.45 marathon.
Lofty goal sub 2.40.

Get rid of this f*ckin sh!t on my lungs that has been there since late September.

The last statement is important for the former 2.

Do something that qualifies for western states but then fail in the lottery.

Ponder and then dismiss doing a tri.
Possibly run 6000k.

4 Likes

Just do lots of stuff and enjoy as much of it as I canā€¦

7 Likes

Iā€™m working on my Duathlon goals for 2020. I move up an AG category a year early due to an anomaly in the system.
In December I took job more local to me so after 6 years I do not have to pack my bag for the weekly commute to the southā€¦ The trade off is less swimming as I a commute to Edinburgh but I am able run every day.
in 2019 I achieved my objective of winnning my AG in my local triathlon series of 7 races and coming 2nd overall. So 2020 I will aim for the Scottish National Duathlon Champs to take my AG and podium overall and secure the Scottish series by taking enough points in the year.
I also plan to become a BTF Technical Official to give something back to the sport.

7 Likes

To put my TT bike back together after Hamburg :sweat_smile: itā€™s out of the box, so progress is made.

8 Likes

Wellā€¦Manchester marathon is off the agenda, due to impending house move.
We will see how Bolton pans out, but thatā€™s looking doubtful.

Probably do the standard Poet thing of repeating my previous seasonā€¦

Wilmslow Half Marathon
Southport Triathlon
Staffs 70.3

They fall on the same dates as events in 2019, so I just have to dig out my training from last year and repeat.

Simples.

2 Likes

Been thinking about this, and still not fully decided. Initial ideas are to have a proper hit out at the Jurassic Coast 100km in the summer. I want a sub 12, pref closer to 11.

Big race will actually be in 2021 due to the way it falls. But the training will all obviously be in 2020. Quite fancy a shot at the spine challenger in Jan.

May throw my hat into the ring for my new (last year was first running) local sprint tri in exmouth. I havenā€™t decided if Iā€™ll train for it or just blag it.

Probs some intermediate stuff as well. Maybe go for the sub 17 parkrun again. See how training and mojo goes for anything else.

4 Likes
  • Finish a Parkrun in the 18s
  • 10 mile TT in the 20s
  • Enter a 50 and finish under 2 hrs
  • sub 1:30 half mara (Spring)
  • 3:15 marathon (end of year)
  • top ten finish in a local sprint

Main tris this year are Staffs and Wales, obviously you take what the day gives you. Seems like sub 5 at Staffs is a good day out and Iā€™d like to finish Wales with an 11:**

And get back to 75kgs by March

8 Likes

Now that is a lot tidier than my post! Haha. Think I need to go back home, think about what Iā€™ve down and resubmit!

Lol. I didnā€™t actually put those bullets on, they appeared once I hit reply :grin:

I did actually enter a triathlon over Christmas, Texas 70.3 which is early April, at the start of my US holiday :thinking: 2 weeks to recover for Boston. No real target for it but looks like a fast course so 4:50 ish would be nice.

I do need to learn how to swim again first though :grimacing:

Jeff

5 Likes

Still nothing in my event books for this year yet! But I have assembled the TT bike and used it on the trainer yesterdayā€¦mission accomplished :ok_hand:

2 Likes

Werenā€™t you eyeing up the Cotswold 100 trail race or something?

Good luck to you all! My goal is to stay active all year and complete my booked sprint tri , not much of a challenge. But aim to do London Olympic also so thats a step up. But mainly i dont want to repeat what i have done so many times, put in 6 months of hard work and then have to do it all again 1-2-3 years later :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I have set 10 targets that I obviously wonā€™t revealā€¦

The internet can be very cruel ā€¦!

A fast full was the main target in 2020ā€¦
Not going to get that at IMUKā€¦

Oh well here goesā€¦!

Ctl is a button on my computer ā€¦ or is that ctrl

And TSSā€¦!?

Wtfā€¦!?

Lots, often, I thinkā€¦!

2 Likes

what anomaly?