2021 - The Weigh In Thread

88.4 this morning, did see 87.8 in the week but t’was a fleeting glimpse. :relaxed:

1 Like

It was Mrs GB’s bday yesterday so we ordered in Fish and Chips. I felt proper vile after them.

I think we’re both properly done with full stodge meals. I opened up a nice bottle of wine in the evening, but it was ruined by my guts being too full. I didn’t even eat the batter on the fish, or all of my chips.

We’re no saints when it comes to healthy eating, but most of our main meals are pretty decent. Just the snacking to get on top of now really, and to try to move away from my reliance on bread for breakfast, lunch and snacks!

2 Likes

We aren’t a takeaway family at all. (never been to Maccas in all the time we’ve been in the UK). We don’t have any takeaway shops in the village but we do have a fish and chip van that comes on Saturdays and parks down the road.

In the two years we’ve lived in the village, probably used the van about 6 times and I always feel the same as you after. I hate fish, seaweed, shellfish and basically, if it lives in water, i don’t eat it,yuk!

I’ll have some chips and an un-battered sausage, maybe some squashy peas or something. I like the smell and really look forward to the taste but after about 5 mouthfuls, I’m done and my chest feels tight and I really feel it the next day if running.

It’s like a holiday in Benidorm, expectation far exceeds reality. :grin:

2 Likes

I love seafood and wish more places here would do a healthier version. We live on a bloody island yet our fish game is poor!

When we were travelling in Oz many moons ago, most of the fishmongers doubled up as fish and chips. So you could get proper decent, fresh fish - not just battered, but grilled or pan fried or whatever - with some (ok) chips. They bloody loved the salt though if I recall.

I love seafood personally. When we used to go to restaurants, remember those days, I’d pretty much always go for the fish option.

I am with FatPom, anything the lives in water is rank and simply not food.

But, I also also Scottish so used to eat it as a kid, (Dipped in Curry Sauce to take the taste away.)

I later discovered the delights of a battered white pudding.

Hungry now.

1 Like

dropped a kg since New Year

stayed on the wagon despite the lockdown and feel better for it (a shame as I love red wine)

My dry January lasted 5 days lol - but some wine the night before a long run always gives me a bit of extra oomf.

3 Likes

Yeah most fish shops in Oz are also chip shops (and they close early!). The salt was probably ‘chicken salt’. it’s lovely but I don’t think it’s made out of chickens :grin:

Thought I was headed in the right direction

72 kgs… after a rest day.

I was 74.3 New Year’s Day !

Marathon in May I had my eye on has just been cancelled… no point being super skinny this year…?!?

2 Likes

73.7kg first time in a long time, which was +1kg from last time, no idea when that was, probably september or so…

Ahhhh, it’s been a long time since me and the scales last met - well, about 3.5 weeks Dec 23rd.

So today’s score on the doors,a hefty 71.8, not sure when I was last this heavy.

1 Like

Seemed to have least turned a corner on the gains. Surprising how motivating getting back on zwift is to weight management. Knowing the weight is having a direct impact on performance strangely does provide a stimulus

3 Likes

80.2kg, no change this week. Time to get onto My Fitness Pal for a bit and make sure I’m getting a calorie deficit.

4 Likes

No change from last Sunday morning weigh in

The 14 inch pizza might consumed last night probably didn’t help that as my wife said while rolling her eyes - she might have a point there

Still dry after 16 days of January completed

6 Likes

99.5kg, I was hoping to lose 1kg per week but running at 0.7kg. Nice to be back on 2 digits at least.
Ps. Son’s birthday today, we’re getting Domino’s in, that’s not gonna help.

7 Likes

80.2kg, tracking starts today on My Fitness Pal

2 Likes

88.0 for me, slight change

2 Likes

73.4kg, so taken off a bit since the new year. Looks like it’s stabilised at this weight for now. Not sure that I have the discipline at the moment to get it lower, particularly as there’s no immediate racing on the horizon.

4 Likes

Diet is fair to crap but training volume bringing weight down.

3 Likes