2021 - The Weigh In Thread

FFS… I knew it wasn’t going to be good, but that’s worse than I expected. No training and eating too much food, and too much of that being junk, it shouldn’t be a surprise.

Edited to Add the Sad Graph:

2 Likes

I had a quick look at MyFitnessPal - is it a lot of faff to use every day?

2 Likes

I think that’s part of the motivator, you eat less to save time and hassle of entering it into the app.

5 Likes

I’d limit it to a week. Logging everything as you eat gets tedious and if you miss a day it throw the stats out. If you commit to one week your more likely to get a consistent 7 days of data imo.

1 Like

I use it daily.

In practice it quickly learns the foods you eat most so they are east to find and log. I also use the barcode scan a lot, this makes logging super quick.

The premium upgrade is worth the £40 a year if you track macros, otherwise dont bother.

1 Like

So yesterday’s day of healthy food all day, massive smoothie and salad at lunch and nowt for eve meal gave me 0.5kgs back!

Don’t worry, am a qualified nutritional consultant and PT, wouldn’t do this every day, it’s just nice sometimes. Back to exercise and eve meal today :slight_smile:

2 Likes

What can I do to stop stuffing my face again at 22:00 then? :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Today I’m celebrating 3 years without soft drinks, not a big thing in the grand scheme of things but I’m ticking things off my list. My diet is ok vegetarian during the week and include meat at the weekend. Lost 0.5KG in the last 2 weeks so now a steady 66.7KG with 8-10 of training a week.
Once I get to 66KG then the challenge starts to keep it there whilst increasing volume.

11 Likes

I love it when, as healthy buggers, we can eat a normal diet, go for a run, drink 3 cans of different stouts with a bit of shit food, and then lose 0.3kg (or is that dehydration heh heh).

4 Likes

79.1Kg today. First time under 80 in months!

9 Likes

Bang on the money, calories in/ out over a week period are obviously very close.

2 Likes

Uhoh.

1 Like

Not a great read for the currently obese!

Précis: Exercise is still good for you, but hey, overdo the hobnobs and you’re still shortening your life.

Time to nail the biscuit barrel shut, methinks.

4 Likes

Yeah. Like many I kinda though getting into Ironman training would force the fat off, which it kind of did. At my lardiest I’m still 6-7kg of body fat lighter, but even another 8kg lighter on race days I’m still a long way off the healthy parameters.

Ironically I had my least healthy breakfast of 2021 this morning:

:sweat_smile:

Has anyone tried organising their eating along the same lines as training? Maybe a strict routine would help sort me out.

7 Likes

Used mytrainingpal this week to monitor calories which was quite useful but a bit of a faff

Makes you think a bit more about what you are eating for sure

1 Like

Ive been trying to eat more during the day this week and fuelled some of my rides with gels to see if this rescues my late evening binging.

Not worked so far.

85kg

2 Likes

70.9 grrrrr, thought I’d be hovering near to 70 by now. Shitfoodathon Saturday probably didn’t help, nor did the fact that I only did about 30 mins of cardio over the weekend = prize chump.

88.6, wrong direction! engage willpower mode :boom:

1 Like

73kg on the Sunday weigh in - creeping in the right direction

2 Likes