2022 Goals

Start small and build from there

3 Likes

Not strictly one of my goals for 2022, but was first finisher at parkrun today.

One my my local ones has an alternative B route which is almost all tarmac which they sometimes use when it’s very wet (as the main course has a lot of grass). When they announced they were using the tarmac, I put on the NEXT% and headed over with the aim of setting my PB for the course, which I did with 19:30. The course is stated to be 150m long (130m on my watch) as they don’t want people setting records on the alternative course. According to Strava it was a sub 19 5k. Got lucky about who turned up (or didn’t turn up) and their motivations on the day and took the ‘win’. :trophy: :tada:

25 Likes

Well done.

Hartlepool today had a fairly thin field, 1st was 19:00 and then there was a group of about 10 with 20 seconds between us, starting at 19:51. Think I was 6th.

Course record is sub 15!

11 Likes

Brilliant @BadAsh :+1: You can only race who is there. A rotten for any running, let alone PB setting! :clap: :clap:

2 Likes

Amazing @BadAsh well done!

1 Like

I hold the record for slowest ever win at out parkrun. A record I doubt will ever go. Even on a day like today there’s low 17s.
19:17 and proud :rofl:

13 Likes

I can beat that with a 19:48! But it was a brutal day in a categorised storm I think, next person was about 35 seconds behind.

Thin field that day as everyone else stayed in bed :joy:

4 Likes

Is that the all time slowest on the course Jeff?
Mine was on a very crappy day in winter on the alternate course which we never use now.

I miss running :sob:

2 Likes

Just looked back and there’s about 4-5 that have won with slightly slower times, but generally on days with only about 50-60 people there.

Brilliant result! You can only beat (or in my case hope to beat) those that turn up.
I went to Bury Field parkrun (Fibonacci #8) thinking that I could bag position 14 or 26, but the local running club turned up en mass and I had no chance. Missed a finishing time I was looking for by a single second too. On the plus side, it didn’t rain and I took a tumble and didn’t injure anything.

5 Likes

Well done mate :+1:

1 Like

Okay goal setting. 2022.

The elephant in my room is my running and health so

1. Half 1h45 5:00/km (5m pb)

2. 10km 45m 4:30/km (5m pb)

3. Half 1h40 4:47/km (10m pb)

4. 32km 3h12m 5:39/km

I’m sure none of these are achievable at 89kg, a big ask at 84kg so I think I need a weight goal:

1. <80kg

And recovery:

1. Sleep Avg 7h

If those stars align, I can reward myself with a crack at a 21min sprint run leg, 46min Olympic run leg, a 5h 70.3 and a sub 12h Ironman.

Good luck everyone!

13 Likes

Good luck with those goals, nicely laid out, will be pleased to see you get them all during the year.

1 Like

It’s 12wks Sunday until Brighton Mara. Things are moving the right direction for me but I’m not focussing on the marathon time like I was before.

Keeping my eyes on the prize for Thames Path 100 in May :crossed_fingers:

10 Likes

Whaddayaknow

2020, bought some trousers :white_check_mark:
2021, wrote a Limerick :white_check_mark:
2022, played a video game :white_check_mark:

1642348924-picsay

On the downside, seem to have forgotten how to run, so it’s back to school now as I’m pretty some of my other goals involved getting off the Apple TV and out into actual world :roll_eyes: those goals seem to be the hard ones :thinking::smile:

7 Likes

Cmon 225 now surely.
That 20 min power :star_struck:

1 Like

Hope you aren’t peaking too soon, it’s only the second week of the year!

Well done, closing in on the big guns now :open_mouth:

3 Likes

He’s not even posted the table. Hes clearly waiting to strike again :dart:

3 Likes

You need to up your game again :joy:

One of my stretch goals for this year was to try and get to the 70.3 WC, and I noticed a few days ago that the Texas 70.3 has got 75 slots. So I reckon at least 6 for my A\G and hopefully they’ll roll a bit as some might have qualified or not be interested, particularly as it’s close to Kona, maybe after actually?

The course is pan flat but can be a bit windy on the first half of the bike leg, although the entire race got abandoned halfway through a couple of years ago when a storm rolled in.

Previous results suggest 4:50 might put me around 10-15th, again this depends on the field with the various deferrals. That should be achievable with a bit of consistency and splits like 35/2:30/1:35 with about 10 minutes for transitions and spare.

I reckon I can just about do the run in my current form if I don’t overdo the bike, and my biking isn’t going too badly due to Zwift, but I do need to get some longer rides in before then, preferably on tribars.

The elephant in the room is the swimming! 35 is around what I was doing in 2019 with little training but I’ve hardly swam since and seem to be getting worse in the wetsuit, adding to the fact that I won’t be O\W swimming before the race in April. Although it is possible the swim has a bit of assistance.

I’ve also found a bit of motivation since the Christmas break that I’m hoping I can hold on to.

It’s 11 weeks today, don’t think I’ve ever done a tri this early in the season before :grimacing:

(Obvs I’m assuming at this point that it will go ahead despite the very high case rates in the southern US states, I can’t see them banning us from travelling again at this stage either).

9 Likes