2022 races

Standard triathlete

6 Likes

Do I need to plan a trip to the UK?

4 Likes

No

:joy:

(in all honesty I won’t get anywhere near the front of the smack down, I’m no rounded trafleet)

If there are going to be a good number there I will do it. I am happy to roll around the back markers and make sure everyone is alright? I’m not old and slow, just caring :joy:

6 Likes

I’ll keep you company Pacha. You know, just out of generosity of spirit…… :flushed:

2 Likes

It’s a bit early to be starting the sandbagging :rofl:

2 Likes

I can still barely walk… Let alone run :person_shrugging:

1 Like

These are the words of an amateur sandbagger.

3 Likes

Another race for me!

16th Jan - Brass Monkey half marathon (York)

Flat and fast if the weather is good, but it isn’t called the brass monkey for nothing!

6 Likes

Yikes :snowflake: :cloud_with_snow:

Round here we have the Blackmore Vale half marathon first weekend in Feb, I try to do it every year. But it can be a somewhat Baltic experience.

One year I ran in shorts and vest, it started snowing quite heavily from the 6 mile point onwards. Big incentive to get home asap

Another year they had to shorten it to 12 miles because the hill in the last mile was covered in ice

Another year it was about 4 degrees but there was a brutal north east wind. We were all shivering at the start line, they had to delay the start for 20 minutes because an ambulance had crashed on a narrow bridge blocking the course, and needed to be recovered

None of this usually stops Steve Way getting round in 68 minutes :roll_eyes:

3 Likes

A few years ago it was pretty icy on the course, most of it was alright but there’s a couple of sections that have tree cover and not much sun. Some of them looked like Bambi on ice there, I wasn’t too bad, weight, fell running and football probably helped with stability :joy:

Although I usually stick my jacket down my top in case of any problems, wouldn’t take long for hypothermia to set in usually.

Good reminder…which are people in for? 113 or Classic?

The classic as piqued my interest if a few people are doing it.

I won’t be smacking anyone down though.

My first ever proper tri I went from the state I’m in to completing a half in less time so should be golden for this in July.

7 Likes

Classic I believe

2 Likes

Yep, can’t speak for others, but i’ve entered the Classic on 10th July

1 Like

Think Holkham is the weekend before.

1 Like

Ah yes, you’re right. With Outlaw two weeks after Cotswold Classic I will have to see which is best to do.

Thames Path and SDW 100 entered (per FP)

Western States (June) if by some miracle i get through the lottery

7 Likes

You got in :scream::scream::scream:
It’s meant to be rapid, hope you get good weather.

1 Like

Absolutely not sure on Outlaw yet.
Not entered Cotswold Classic, but will do.

1st January - Delamere/Northwich parkrun (came 4th and 7th in 2020, would like to improve on that!)

15th January - Tatton Park XC (have fun)

19th February - Heaton Park XC (have fun, followed by a delicious Chinese meal at the in-laws afterwards :drooling_face::yum:)

12th March - Stretford parkrun (17:25 please!)

20th March - Wilmslow Half Marathon (79 minutes please!)

3rd April - Splashworld Sprint (came second at the OW sprint this year, would like to win this pool based version…unless Harry the Fish turns up again :weary:)

4th to 8th April - Hopeful of a training camp :place_of_worship:

12th June - Staffs 70.3 (just using up a rollover and try some stuff for Cotswold Classic)

21st June - Cheshire 322km (solo solstice ride - over to Derbyshire for some hills, home for lunch, across the plains of Cheshire and home for supper)

10th July - Cotswold Classic (came 15th in 4:27 for my comeback race, would like to improve on that by about 7 minutes :grimacing:)

24th July - Outlaw Triathlon (IMUK and TriX dates do not work at all)

5 Likes