2022 races

Is that not just every Ironman nowadays?

2 Likes

pretty much :smile:

Registered for the 70.3 today and joined the bike recce. Oh dear, all it needs are some real cobbles and it’ll be a spring classic! Although there’s plenty of sections of brick paving and even the RD called it technical!

Lots of dead turns, speed bumps etc and not a great deal of chance to get on the tribars. Start of the first lap will be interesting overtaking people but it should keep drafting to a minimum, although overtaking will be tricky in a few places. At least there shouldn’t be oncoming traffic or pedestrians.

I think 2:45 might be optimistic. It’s also a lot lumpier than the website suggest, I got 420m for the lap.

So, sub 5 is out as I can’t see my swim and run being good enough. Even T1 must be 1K from swim exit to bike mount.

Anyway, race number is 1574 but don’t forget it’s on Saturday if anyone is watching the tracker.

17 Likes

Always good to get your sandbagging in Jeffers.

All the best of British, of course I’ll be tracking you.

6 Likes

Yep. Top sandbagging Jeff.

Got you on the tracker - best of luck :call_me_hand:t2:

2 Likes

Good luck Jeff, will be keeping an eye out

1 Like

Go get it Jeff

1 Like

Sounds like local roads then. Good luck for the weekend

1 Like

Good luck Jeff, have a great race :+1:

1 Like

Good luck @jeffb wil be tracking!

1 Like

Good luck @jeffb!

2 Likes

6AM decision on wetsuits apparently! But air temperature is forecast to be about 10c which changes the thresholds apparently.

I personally think they’ll be legal as there’s a lot of first timers. Bit like the miracle in Nice 2019 :joy:

I hate cold bike rides and have forgotten my aero jacket :rage: got a short sleeve one but I’m probably going to have to MTFU :joy:

6 Likes

It will only be chilly for 30 mins :+1:

1 Like

It’s Ironman, the swim will be cancelled :rofl:

:muscle:t3::muscle:t3::muscle:t3: tomorrow

3 Likes

Swim wasn’t cancelled, @jeffb was out in 36mins :ok_hand: & now cooling off on the bike.

11 Likes

My friend’s husband is racing today too, looks like he and Jeff are cycling together. Not for long though, Jeff is flying through the bike course.

Edit: Don’t know how he’s feeling, but just got a report that Jeff is looking good on the bike💪

6 Likes

Bike: 2:37:13

5 Likes

Come on Jeff boy!

2 Likes

He needs a 1:35 run for a sub-5.

:crossed_fingers:

2 Likes

C’mon Jeff

1 Like