2022 races

Through 12km in 53:24 running well

3 Likes

Looks like he’s got some good run speed for it too.

Come on Jeff!

3 Likes

Amazing stuff Jeff. Nearly time for the pub!

Through 17km in 1:17 (4:44:11) it’s going to be tight. COME ON JEFF!

4 Likes

Last splits ton19km at 3:58min/km pace :grimacing:

2 Likes

Come on Jeff! Got my friend and her family cheering for him. She even got a photo - do you think it’s okay if I post it? Maybe better to ask Jeff first.

3 Likes

Jeff says post it :wink:

6 Likes

5:02:51 :clap::clap::clap: well done Jeff, great race!

14 Likes

Really solid effort there

2 Likes

Well done Jeff :clap::clap: sounds like a tough bike course. Solid effort, 4h 62mins :clap:

7 Likes

Well done Jeff, brilliant effort

Here you go Jeff - looking good :blush:

15 Likes

Thanks all, will try and do something more later but pleased with the performance really.

But… bike was about 4K short, although it was made up by 850m climbing and about 200 speed bumps, that’s actually not a joke either! And quite a few sharp turns.

However, the run was about 500m long :man_shrugging:t2: I think it’s for tomorrow’s IM.

Swim was lovely and warm, not sure I could have gone much faster with current form. T1 was huge, probably bigger than Hamburg and I needed the loo, there’s about 600m running with the bike on rutted grass.

Didn’t think the bike had gone very well but doesn’t look that bad. Not sure I trust the Assioma’s though.

Needed the loo again in T2 :roll_eyes:

Started the run and the legs said yes, come on then :grin: just kept going, it was a bit twisty with a couple of lumps as well. Saw the 20k marker and knew it wasn’t right.

Looks like I’m 12th in my age group with the 5th fastest run.

@Annas thank your friends for the shouts and photo, I heard a few but assumed it was because our names were on our numbers

23 Likes

Amazing Jeff. But 850m climbing? I thought the Netherlands were supposed to be flat :smile:

3 Likes

Great result @jeffb :+1:

1 Like

Well done @jeffb, cracking effort.

Interesting choice, with the white tri suit. Channelling your inner Frodeno or confident on your gut health?

6 Likes

Great work @jeffb crikey 200 speed bumps, remind me to give that bike a swerve.

Are they offering Lahti WC slots, are you going to roll down down?

1 Like

I’ve had it quite a few years, it’s getting tatty but the huub one I bought 2 years ago would probably rip my armpits off, I shouldn’t have left it 2 years before trying it :roll_eyes:

2 Likes

Yeah, and other furniture, went through a few housing estates. Apparently last year was a lot faster as it followed the river more. Half of Holland must have been marshalling the bike course :joy:

At the roll down now, doing the ladies first and a lot are rolling.

It’s for Lahti, 45 slots. I’m not expecting to get lucky as I’m sure the top 3 have stayed but curious to see how many roll. Will report back in 20 minutes!

9 Likes

Nice one @jeffb ! :clap: :+1:

1 Like