2022 races

Holy crap!!!
For 4.5hrs ???

It’s a no from me :x::face_vomiting:

2 Likes

and me

Interesting. They’re swimming in the docks. :yum:

Link doesn’t work on their site. If you hit ‘download pdf’ of the bike route, then you get the IM Wales course!!

£340 for a 70.3

7 Likes

There is a working link somewhere, as have just been looking at the route.

Swim is the same as the Swansea Tri, it’s actually not a bad place to swim

edit; this should work Course - IRONMAN 70.3 Swansea

1 Like

No need to show off :sob:

6 Likes

Yeah i have it now, ta.

Interesting bike course, will be pretty lumpy. Closed roads will be nice, flying around the Gower!

I know it’s all logistics based, but of all the gorgeous beaches on the Gower, the thought of swimming in the docks doesn’t even come close. Though at least they’ve tarted it up a lot in the last 10 years or so!

Totally agree, closed roads on Gower will be brilliant (apart from the climb from Caswell) as drivers are the worst thing about cycling there normally

When I’ve fantasized about putting on a race here, I always thought Langland would work well, with a nice big car park for transition and a run along the coast path.

That’s what i had in my head when someone mentioend that Swansea was about to be announced. But i knew they’d want the run to be on the seafront there, nice and flat!! Cleverly timed well for those doing Tenby as well!

first bolton ,now swansea

still don,t understand why they have not moved 70.3 World champs to blackpool its a perfect triple crown :rage:

2 Likes

fuck me, how much for a half IM!

3 Likes

I’m working on the basis that with no travel and accommodation costs it’s actually a cheap event for me, but otherwise the price is pretty ridiculous.

Happy to rent out my box room to any TTers for a very reasonable price!

4 Likes

In fairness you do get a terraced house included too.

12 Likes

£340 with a terraced house in Swansea, or £495 without

(just kidding @SwanseaRed :grin:)

7 Likes

Poet pays more than that for a Ffrothi Coffi :laughing:

13 Likes

Aberfeldy do a class half distance race for peanuts. The cycle is fantastic. Great atmosphere. Thoroughly recommend :ok_hand:

5 Likes

I was looking at Dalesman half for next year, anyone done it and can recommend or not?

Didn’t do it but generally heard positive things. The lake is usually shallow and warm but can have reeds in it.

The roads aren’t too bad and fairly quiet but can be twisty, run is flat but a bit messy and some bits on trail or fields.

1 Like

Adding Equinox24 to my race schedule in Sept…. its a fab event!

9 Likes