2022 Weigh-in Thread

There’s plenty of places to run. It’s just managing it with the family time. Mrs GB doesn’t understand why I can’t ‘switch off’ from exercise for just a week. It’s a minor irritation, but I’m not gonna get worked up about it.

Not wanting to derail the thread too much or come across high horse(y). This view does irritate (sounds like it does you too). Being active and exercising is part of a healthy lifestyle be that on holiday or otherwise. There are also the mental health benefits from it, which I personally use to relieve stress etc. Managing round family time, something I have no experience of! Probably preaching to the converted in here anyway. I’ll get back in my box… You should say at least you didn’t bring your bike with you :grin:

3 Likes

We always make the exercise an integral part of our holidays because we enjoy that as a family. The only thing that differs is the flavour of it. Lots of surfing of course but lots of family hiking, some swimming and some running.

Mrs FP has suggested that I do two days of full recce when we’re at Putsborough so that I can nail the NC110 later in the year. She hates me that much :smile:

A lot also depends on where you are staying. We tend to avoid hotels and resorts, so make our own entertainment. LO also does some lessons on holiday, so I get some short sessions in then as well.

(just writing this sounds like our holidays are a nightmare but we have a good time, honest :grin: )

4 Likes

I was the same when away.

I got into a routine of having a boiled egg with toast and a coffee for breakfast, huge plate of salad for lunch, washed down with a beer then a sensible meal in the evening - it’s all the little cakes, ice cream and doughnuts etc that get me.

The amount of chips those hotels go through too!

1 Like

All those expensive holidays at CLS bemoaning my subsidising of their kids club, well it’ll be payback time soon.

1 Like

I guess for us that exercise IS our switch off. It’s what we choose to do (whilst juggling our work and family commitments) and without any work commitments, holidays should be an opportunity to do what we enjoy, which should be a good balance between family activities and individual preferences.

3 Likes

When my kids were growing up I’d always get a run or cycle in every other day. That didn’t - always - mean I was disappearing for a Century often just an hour or 2, but it was my holiday as much as anyone else’s.

3 Likes

Without going into the details, Mrs GB would never say no. Its just me reading the room and not being selfish when the girls are still pretty hands on. I’m sure as they get older it’ll be much easier as the girls will slob about more in the mornings. I’ll still get out once or twice whilst I’m here no doubt. Just found a good traffic free hill round the corner and I’ll probs get up the smaller local volcano.

Also, the alternative isn’t sitting down drinking beer at the pool. We’re out swimming, walking, climbing etc. My 3 yo walked over 8km yesterday, which was pretty impressive on top all the usual playing, swimming etc.

5 Likes

[quote=“joex, post:339, topic:3180”]

I’m going to take pictures of all my meals and snacks, do a collage at the end of next week.

1 Like

It’s all time on feet mate and holiday calories don’t count :wink: :+1:

2 Likes

So I did a 24 hour fast. Felt a bit hungry at times but not too bad. Doing a zwift session staved off the hunger feeling for a while.

By dinner time inwas properly ready to eat. I think a 36 hour fast would be quite hard.

9 Likes

Be interesting to see if you benefit from this - you’re our Guinea pig

:chart_with_upwards_trend: :chart_with_downwards_trend: :memo: :face_with_monocle:

Slightly nervous about weighing tomorrow. Had a good few days. Not drank for 5 days, eaten well, salads for lunch, healthy stuff in the evening, fruit and nuts for snacks, plus protein powder.

Not done massive amounts of training but got my 10k steps every day and done 3 strength and 2 zwifts.

If I dont see some benefit on the scales, tape measure or blood pressure monitor tomorrow its going to piss me off and thats when I start to lose motivation.

13 Likes

Yeah, perhaps a weekly weigh in is not optimal. Ive always done that in the past to ensure I am doing the right thing and dont need to tweak. But thats when Ive been highly motivated and at thw minute I feel lile motivation is on a knife edge.

Thinking positively if there is some movement it will really push me forward next week knowing stuff is going the right way.

2 Likes

You will be below 120.

1 Like

Right. 138kg. So 2.1kg lost. :slightly_smiling_face:

Waist: 2.7cm lost.

BP: down 10/4

I think I have retained water into my muscles as well from the strength training. They havent grown but they look and feel fuller, think that’s why I have seen a big drop from the belly for only a couple of kilos weight

21 Likes

Good stuff mate :+1:

1 Like

87.2 for me

2 Likes

Keep going !

1 Like

87kg

Well, there’s a surprise. Lost over a kilo so must be a device issue.

2 Likes