2022 Weigh-in Thread

Me too!

106.8 this morning.

I’d love to be under 100 by October 1st. I want to be under 80 by my 40th birthday at the end of January… which is a stretch.

Plan for September:

• No Booze.
  • No Delivered Food (except the last packet of S&V McCoys I’ve got in the kitchen).
  • No Processed Food (except condiments, cheese, and maybe bars if they’re necessary on long runs/rides).
  • Making some use of the kettlebell that I mostly just stub my toe on
  • 45 minutes of productive ‘exercise’ a day. If knackered then that could well be stretching/foam rolling while watching TV or listening to a podcast.

Not sure if typo, or a plan to reduce saying what she’s typing while you’re watching The Chase? :wink:

9 Likes

Haha typo.

Im going to change my weight training split I think. So i can train every weekday. I work best in a routine so get up, walk dog, lift, breakfast, start work.

1 Like

2 years I helped design a programme for a guy similar wants to you, lose weight, Become fitter and general health.

He’s doesn’t like cardio but likes weights.

He lost two stone in 3 months, he could of lost more but he was happy with that, ….present day he’s still the same size his diet and drinking habits are hardly “ optimal “ but he’s happy.

It was a very simple programme

2 Likes

Ive been doing Stronglifts 5x5 and I love the simplicity of that. Plus it calculates warm up sets and tracks progress in the app.

Ive basically created a Push, Pull, Legs routine by grouping the exercises from 5x5 together and adding a couple on.

You can. Reate your own programm in the Steonglifts apo so I still get the warmup and tracking.

I put deadlifts on the pull day because squats and deads on the day would be a killer.

1 Like

The programme we made him was the other end of the scale.

10 kg disc ( he replaced it with a 12 kg kettle bell after 4? Months)

Lots and lots of reps, he finished each session sweating and breathing, you might not fancy this… but it certainly my worked

1 Like

75.5kg. -1.5kg

Tbf, taken straight after a longish turbo.

5 Likes

85.6kg

2 Likes

105.3kg today.

8 Likes

74.6kg -0.9kg.

Still moving in the right direction. :+1:

7 Likes

71.6 - holding steady despite a week of too much vino

4 Likes

Last week 77 ish, week before 77.4.

A quid a week is about right apparently, feel like an athlete almost ( old one)
Arms… bigger than yours pencil neck
Legs…… still skinny … boo!

Onwards

4 Likes

80.7kg down from 81.4kg last week.

Starting from today I’m going to try both 16-8 (16 hour fast window per day) and 5-2 (2 fast days (<600 cals) per week) together. I’ve not done either before.

For the 16-8 I was planning to flex the hours from around 10:00-18:00 to 12:00-20:00, but will see how that goes, slightly worried it could result in 10:00-20:00 days. So far the biggest change is my morning coffee(s), I usually have a flat white, which I’ve had to replace with a straight black coffee. And skipping breakfast, but I’ve found recently I was doing it out of habit / wanting a sweet hit rather than actually feeling hungry most days.

For the 5-2, I think that’s going to be much more of a challenge, I’ve not done any research into how to achieve < 600 cals a day yet… that’s today’s task.

3 Likes

The 16-8 works really really well for people who do lots of nights in my experience.

If you start both diets simultaneously you won’t know which one works for you and that amount of cals over a short ish period does sound like
“ hard work “

Please report back on progress and hope it works, what is target weight ?

1 Like

From my very limited experience of fasting days, I.e. the 5/2 process, what I eat the day before makes a big difference.

Lots of bread or pasta or other pretty simple carbohydrates seems to make the following day harder, but if my evening meal was more based around protein/fat and a big ass pile of veggies it seems easier.

I have no science to back this up, and I’ve not done it a huge amount, but I mention it just as something to try if the 5/2 proves harder than you might expect.

3 Likes

Was pleasantly surprised to see 71.9 this morning when I finally got round to weighing myself. I was expecting a couple of kilos more with the summer I’ve had. Went to the pub last night as well.

I think I’ve lost a bit of tone. But nice not to have to update zwift! :joy:

6 Likes

I have regained the weight lost when ill in July, now 68.6kg, cant remember it Zwift set at 68 or 69 but it’s close enough.

That was a weird episode & not recommended as a way to lose 2kg

3 Likes

75.1kg. +0.5kg

4 days of bad eating. Too much sitting on the sofa and eating rubbish.

1 Like

87.5 yesterday

2 Likes

85.9kg

1 Like

Someone’s moved our bathroom scales.

I’m feeling about 75Kg.

2 Likes