2022 Weigh-in Thread

Whilst there are a lot of issues with BMI as a measurment, discovering I now fall into the category of ‘Obese’ is a blow. 103kg today. Possibly the heaviest I’ve ever been.

And unsurprisingly I feel like shit at the moment. Can’t imagine why :thinking:. But it’s a viscious cycle of feeling shit, so eating and drinking shit. And sleeping badly. FFS.

6 Likes

I hear you brother!

Gradual changes, consistency, you’ll get there - just like training.

5 Likes

Yeah, I’m now overweight.
Legit.

Your result suggests you are overweight

Healthy weight range for your height:
58.6kg - 79.2kg

3 Likes

Your result suggests you are overweight

Healthy weight range for your height:
53.5kg - 72.2kg

2 Likes

Dropped 2 pounds last week, how? I’m not sure.

3 Likes

I don’t read too much into bmi - surely it’s a bit flawed. I wouldn’t class myself as overweight however I’m very close to the top of the normal range for my height

2 Likes

Don’t. You’ll start the heretic off about Noakes and CICO :face_with_hand_over_mouth::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

I think BMI is a bit of a nonsense. Certainly for me being an outlier in height. According to the BMI my health weight range is 71-96kg. If I weighed 71 kg I would look like a WW2 PoW. My wife said I looked too skinny at 93kg which is just inside the normal range

3 Likes

Yes, but as we all know the flaw it’s fine to use here. It’s the ignorant that use it as the sole measure of health that are a problem. Pretty sure it has no value for endurance athletes below I dunno, say 24? I’d use BF% but I don’t have a Dexascam :wink:

It was me who started it :smiley:

2 Likes

I know - that’s why I said “Heretic” - like your nicknickname :wink:

Agree with BMI, it’s just a barometer for us to use.

Bascially, if your tiddies and belly wobble when walking, then you’re overweight.
It’s about that simple.

2 Likes

Woohooo, only overweight, get in! :wink:

4 Likes

81.45kg today, heading in the right direction. Only about 9kg to go!

4 Likes

85.7 today

Wow 30/31” are what I wear and like you have similar in 32” for winter/off season wear. I’m a short arse in comparison at 179. Back on track and should be good for the end of March

But mine are quite wide fit anyhow (Edwin 16/20oz Japanese selvedge denim)

I’d not got into my 30” Denham slim fits :skull:

1 Like

Two consecutive days of reducing weight. Is this the start of the downwards trajectory?

80.1kg down from 81.8kg

3 Likes

1.7kg in a day?!?!

Seems like water retention/poo to me :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::face_with_hand_over_mouth:

Not in one day, since start of Jan

1 Like

Oh! That’s brilliant then :mechanical_arm::weight_lifting_man:
Great work :+1:t3: