2023 TriTalk SausageFest/Smackdown/Sub5/Etc

I’d like to actually enter something to give me something to aim for. Not actually run or swam since Wales. Could only do July tho, as have a wedding on the 113 date

2 Likes

Be good to have some of you along
Keep me posted, and I can sort discount codes etc out
email me at graeme@113events.com

10 Likes

Ooh, I could probably do either. I’ve been toying with entering Bolton but this would be logistically easier and obviously significantly cheaper too

2 Likes

Will have a proper check of dates, etc. A bit of a travel for me but have always had a good time at these races, if not done a good time :hot_face: :clown_face: :older_adult:

4 Likes

TT Smackdown at Cotswold 113 June 4th is what I’m organising as per the poll, and I can’t do other dates now, others welcome to arrange smackdown II obvs.

5 Likes

Right, give me the rest of the weekend to pitch it to the Boss.

2 Likes

I also need to stop talking bollocks and get some races entered, the 4th June is best option, will mention it to the GF soon.

5 Likes

it’s cheating to get someone to race for you @jeffb although I can see the temptation :wink:

4 Likes

If it wasn’t an 8 hour drive and my daughter’s birthday I might have come along to make everyone look good and take home the wooden spoon. :slight_smile: ‘TT Smackdown Up North’ next year?

3 Likes

I can do 4th June if anyone else is racing? I’ll either enter on my own or if we do the group discount that’s also fine.

3 Likes

I am, we’re waiting for @AndyG ‘s boss to say if he’s allowed out to play

I’m in a “book it and they will come” mood :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I’ll sweet talk the Mrs over the next few days

4th should be ok!

4 Likes

I think the course is changing this year, but are there any previews of Cotswold 113, bike course only or full race coverage?

I may also be able to play

2 Likes

The 113 (June 4th) is the usual bike route, it is the classic (July 9th) that is switching to something like the old 226 route.

113 course is here

2 Likes

I will give this a miss this year. With the travel and having a lot going on at the minute it is probably sensible not to schedule it in.

1 Like

Four dead turns and seven sharper than 90° per lap by my eye. Two steep bits.

They’re roundabouts for the most part.
I’d say there’s only one dead turn (by the “airport”?)
It’s rapid.

If I’d not have dropped my BTA and then saddlebag, I reckon I’d have been close to 2:20 :exploding_head:

That was in 2019.
I’m now fat, unfit and unfocused.

1 Like

?? Really not, unless you count the bridge over the dual carriageway.

It’s fast. Road surface is the only thing that will slow you down.

3 Likes

Game on!

1 Like