2024 Races

Got another race on Monday arvo. 5 miles on road, probably lumpy.

I’ve carefully reviewed the data posted above and have decided - if my legs are functioning by then - that my strategy will be to go hard and see if I fall apart, again.

11 Likes

I have the Big Way Round on Monday, 50km. 2years ago I went 5.52, will be lucky to break 7hrs this year. :man_facepalming:t2:

12 Likes

I’m getting ‘a lot’ of mails to enter Arc, I can feel my force field weakening :smile: :pray:t2:

4 Likes

Go-on go-on…

2 Likes

Mrs FP said to me
“do you remember what you said about that race not suiting your strengths?”

then followed up with… “It’s like you’re forcing yourself into clothes that don’t fit”

She’s made good points but she’s been back downstairs a while now and I’ve since decided she’s rambling nonsense. :smile:

Still haven’t entered though, tick tock, tick tock :man_facepalming:t2:

8 Likes

Every tick of tbe clock…the price goes up another 25 quid!

Tick has tocked and I’m £307 poorer and an even bigger fucking moron than I was 2hrs ago.

I took the insurance out though :smile:

19 Likes

Good man!

1 Like

I feel dirty :smile:

1 Like

I hope you’re avoiding mirrors :joy:

You’ll be in Chamonix in 2026 :grin:

2 Likes

TBH, I’m not sure I’ll get to the start, reality will settle in over the next few months but a bit of a banker now I have the insurance.

I’m still looking at a big destination race for my 60th and that would take priority.

After entering, I find out that they are shoving 750 on that course in two waves based on UTMB index scores.

3 Likes

Hmm, sure I’ve seen that business model elsewhere :thinking:

3 Likes

Messick taught them well

1 Like

I have 6 weeks to the European champs and I cannot be arsed. I haven’t really run in 2 weeks and have no motivation to Zwift or anything at the moment. My priorities for the year were the qualifiers and now I am sat here thinking I should go for a run in the sun but no drive to do so.

14 Likes

Hearing you loud and clear!

Just run but for fun? Leave the watch at home or hidden, no targets or paces, run to enjoy it?

5 Likes

Took your advice and went out, god I feel clunky running again

8 Likes

You got out though :+1:

I’ve felt totally rubbish since last Wednesday when running, legs are heavy and breathing pretty laboured. Not sure if I’m fighting something, the hassles at work or just recovering from 2 hard runs in 4 days last week.

For the next few days I’m just going to do what I said and run for enjoyment.

4 Likes

You spelled ‘awesome’ wrong!

:facepunch:

1 Like

Good point, well made :smile: