2024 Races

As you’ve mentioned in the past the May one could normally be too cold, but we’ve had reasonable weather for the last 10 days & it looks settled over the weekend.

Hope to take it easy, no pressure & the gold standard would be a -ve bike split.

3 Likes

@Doonhamer yes you will.

Very excited about racing to not be the last (v60) looking at the predicted weather. I’ll PM you :smile:

3 Likes

@funkin you really need to get down to Defi next year

I know it’s. Different sport, however, IM really need to look at Defiwind to learn how to put on a good show. The post race entertainment is simply awesome, 3 nights of partying with incredible bands and way too much (partly free). And it costs about £300 for 4 days racing and partying

2 Likes

Some good tracker action in Mallorca at the minute. Chickenboy currently second M55 which is obviously no surprise, man’s been on it this year!

12 Likes

Yesterday was the 5th and final race in the 2023/24 Qatar national triathlon series. I couldn’t do it because of injury, but it looked like a perfect morning to be out racing if a little on the warm side.

There hasn’t been a national series for a few years because of Covid, but in previous years they used to recognise a series winner for each age group. The standard here is not like UK & so I had been going well, taking 1st spot in the old man age group in each of the first 4 races. But the same guy came 2nd in each of those 4 races, plus he won yesterday.

Not quite sure how they calculate the series age group winners, but if it is total points across 5 races then I guess he has won the fossils category & deservedly so. That’ll larn me for getting on a snowboard in the sand dunes :angry: :grinning:

Sights now set on recovery and then next year- although who knows if there will be some 49 year old whipper snapper aging up.

19 Likes

He’s not far off the lead with 4k of the run gone but the leader looks to be moving away by a few seconds/K

6 Likes

C’mon :crossed_fingers:

How did he finish? He’s been beasting it this year again!

Second M55 :muscle:

Some bloody fast times elsewhere, Paul Lunn 1:20 run :flushed: he’s M50 and an M60 with 4:36 overall :flushed:

10 Likes

He was just under 3 minutes off the win. Cracker! :fire:

5 Likes

How did you get on @Doonhamer and @Clive?

2 Likes

If it’s the same bike course as two years ago,
It’s solely for mentalists :rofl::rofl::rofl:

1 Like

Hasn’t uploaded yet to Strava yet

1 Like

5:12 for me at Mallorca, that netted 22nd M55-59

Most stacked AG field I’ve ever seen outside of World Champs.

Fun day out though, but I was a bit rusty especially on the bike, as trying to build to peak in late October.

Fabulous weather😎

19 Likes

Not got great WiFi, but @Clive was 2nd in his AG & I was 3rd in mine…different AGs :smile:

13 Likes

I’m sure Dave won’t mind me sharing his text…

20 Likes

Sounds like he’d have been competing for first if it wasn’t for those problems.

Kept his head in the game though :muscle:

4 Likes

Well done Chris, the Europeans love Majorca :joy:

Check out the top 2 in M60! 4:36 & 4:40 :flushed:

5 Likes

Bloody hell. That’s great going under those circumstances. Great level head from the dentist.

5 Likes

Not really a race but I did the Fred Whitton earlier.

22 Likes