2025 Races

It’s gonna be a blowy, soggy one at Tenby this year!

10 Likes

It’s a week later than normal, right?

2 Likes

I’m hoping they’ll have at least a cool, dry run but I’d be well wrapped up on the bike.

3 Likes

Last year or the year before it was two weeks earlier because there was a big fuss about it being in the last week of the school holidays.

1 Like

It is, yeah. But I saw that they’re bringing it a week earlier again next year! :rofl:

2 Likes

I always gauge it by being a week before Winchester Half, which is this Sunday. I remember that because I was usually ‘still recovering’ and would sit in a cafe cheering them on. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

1 Like

Tempting.

I assume it depends on the tides.

3 Likes

why can,t they swap the dates of long course weekend & IM wales round

just a thought :innocent:

3 Likes

I faded on 4th last lap of run tbh. It was too flat n easy. So bimbling to a sub 3h50 (3.49.59) wasn’t cutting it with me. So I was gunning for a sub 3h40. and paid the price, which was fairy nuff. Didnt have enough of my own gels stupidly. And even more stupidly they don’t supply energy drink now, in their infinite wisdom, FGS.?!?!?! :exploding_head: But pleased with 3h43.

Here’s a plainly copied* pic of me exiting the (non wetsuit) IM WC sw1m. Most folks wore a sw1m skin :money_mouth_face: . Whereas I’m in a 15? year old Mk1 TriTalk trisuit :smiling_face_with_sunglasses: :sweat_smile: Just pleased I didn’t drown, and made the cut off tbh. As I can’t sw1m even with a wet suet FGS! Like plenty of others, I was a bit cold tbh! Crap start of bike as a consequence. The rule should only be discretionary if your an Old Man perhaps? We are Grown Ups FGS. The sw1m could NEVER be too warm for me. I only brought my usual Z3 Thermal :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

I wonder how many folks are rocking up for Tenby too :roll_eyes: :sweat_smile:

*just to prove I did. Not sure about paying for the pics. €125 ‘Special offer’ :roll_eyes: or summat daft! :money_mouth_face:

19 Likes

sandbagger! TUT! :angry: :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Because the Friday night swim would be in the dark, which could be interesting! :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

1 Like

Used to think that too, but was convinced otherwise by a quick dip at Dukhan beach one evening last August in the shallow water facing Bahrain. Water temp was 37C, air temp was 41C. Just too hot to do anything but bob around. Even the fish had gone off somewhere else.

24 to 31C is the golden zone IMHO

3 Likes

In jest or not don’t call me a twat, what the actual fuck.

6 Likes

plainly it was in jest. sorry m8. WTF back at you tbh! Edited. To recap: sandbagging is a crime :sweat_smile:

1 Like

WTf back at me?

I’m just calling out your shit behaviour

crikey that is getting silly warm! My best effort was Ampleforth Skule p00l where the DecaUK was last held in 2022. Just on the cusp of THAT 40 degree heatwave. apparently there’s some bizarre rule? that states the p00l water temp has to be be wthin a few degrees of the ambient. seems daft to me. but basically it was roasting. all the other lads doing the Sprint (Double IM :roll_eyes: ) were in trunks. I was quite happy in my Varman!

1 Like

Calm down m8. FGS. I apologise for my shit behaviour towards you. (TriTalk aint what it used to be!!! )

YAG

10 Likes

Solution… high water temperature.

1 Like

I’m m just pissed off that your swim was so slow that you passed more people on the bike than me!!

Congrats to @Mr-me for a genuinely frat performance

9 Likes