A place for random, light hearted nonsense

What - scouser? It is foreign to the rest of us

Alreet lad

2 Likes

Note language, not accent. Sounded greek. Made more sense than a scouser though

1 Like

Bidnapper for every eBay purchase I make. It mainly stops me bidding myself up in auction fever.

3 Likes

When the boss buys in the bacon butties and coffees, you know it was a good night.

(And the civil service canteen is well subsidised :wink:)

6 Likes

And you are about to be fucked over.

1 Like

Now I’m spending more time in the office, I’m meeting people…

FARK ME, everyone has profile pictures of their younger/slimmer selves :rofl: Barely recognise some people.

8 Likes

I may have photoshopped my double chin out of my Teams profile pic

6 Likes

Don’t know if you can see this or not, but it was on HIGNFY…

But the first pic in question is my Uncle! :joy:. Its his garden centre and my Aunty, step brother and a bunch of others got involved. :laughing::laughing:

Was my first ever job working there… To be clear, there was absolutely no nakedness either required, expected or performed! :joy:

5 Likes

That seems to be broken but was he the guy with the duck or the random dog in the pic? :rofl:

The dog one! :joy:

The guy with the duck is my Aunty’s brother (if that makes sense). It’s a family business! :joy:

1 Like

One thing ive always found odd. Beyond Mark Knpoffler does anyone know any of the rest of Dire Straits?

Most bands have a front man/woman and possibly another thats well know. Lenon/Mcartney, Page/Plant, Jager/Wood/Watts/Wyman, Fleetwood/Buckingham/McVie/Knicks, Rose/Slash, Hetfield/Hammett, Sting/Copeland Etc etc

Ive liked Dire Straits since I was tiny but i could not under torture name another band member

Just me?

1 Like

Although having said that. The Moody Blues. Justin Haywood yeah, no clue about the other gezzers.

Duran Duran is easier, most of them are called Taylor!

I’ve probably fessed-up to having their first two albums in the car? My Son loves them. Great if you want to hear actual instruments being played!

1 Like

Or the Corrs :joy:

2 Likes

I think the line-up changed from one album to the next and Mark Knophler was the one who wrote all of the songs. His brother was in the original lineup and John Illsley(?) played bass most of the way through.

1 Like

Justin Haywood and John Lodge were the key members of the Moody Blues.

In an aside, the Moody Blues was set up by Denny Laine who was later with Wings - he was a partner (maybe married?) to Peter Grant’s (Led Zep’s famous manager) daughter, Helen.

Peter lived opposite a pub I used to frequent in the early 80’s and the “house band” of locals were occasionally augmented by Denny Laine if he was visiting, and on the odd occasion by Jason Bonham, John’s son, on drums.

Helen inherited the LZ1 numberplate after Peter Grant died and I saw it last on a Mini she was driving.

4 Likes

That was a good episode, I’m still giggling at the wheelchair :laughing:

Some of the confusing, extended @gingerbongo family appear at 25:30.

4 Likes

I always find the amount of videos and pics they display when Chris McCausland is a guest is harsh - Hislop has to describe to him what’s going on!

2 Likes

He was asked to read out the nominees at the BAFTAs recently :grin:

2 Likes

Just caught up with HIGNFY :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

3 Likes