Bike Candy (or not!)

They’ve gone to great lengths to disguise it as a Cannondale if it is :wink:

1 Like

assuming it’s a bit unstable at times as the branding is upside down as well on the down tube

1 Like

christ on a bike - that is truly fugly!

however I like their attempt to bypass the ITU “unusual bikes” rule by having what could be loosely described as a “diamond” frame, but in reality is just another beam bike with 2 downtubes, not one. be interesting to see what the ITU Tech Commiteee make of it.

2 Likes

I think they approached him but he told them to f off, he’d rather be crucified than seen on that.

7 Likes

I’d go to great lengths to disguise it also if I owned it. Fucking hideous

2 Likes

Once they’d stopped laughing they would also say its fugly

2 Likes

It looks like one of those exercise bikes where you move the handlebars back and forth at the same time.

1 Like

not far wrong there knowing what a few of them are like

1 Like

Ah… lower more aero, longer wheelbase for highspeed stability… pull up & shorten wheelbase for better handling on those dead turns. Let me get my sketchbook out :smiley:

1 Like

And why does it have road brake levers, without drops, rather than tt levers?
Where did this picture come from? I’m curious if there’s an article and/or other angles

1 Like

I stumbled across it on FB, I’ll see if I can find it again.

I realised I could reverse image search, and have found some more pictures on a German E-Bay page… WTF.
https://www.ebay-kleinanzeigen.de/s-anzeige/rennrad-triathlon-zeitfahrrad-carbon-ultegra-continental-reifen/1409558554-217-3433

1 Like

@jorgan translation please.

1 Like

google translate says:

“Batman” softride triathlon training road bike one-off custom-made
26 inch wheels.
Negotiable price"

1 Like

possible translation says:

previously blind person regains sight needs quick/any sale

4 Likes

So if it’s a custom made one-off it has absolutely nothing to do with Cannondale then?
Someone must have got some really sh1tty customer service from them. They could have just left a review on Trust Pilot but decided to construct that monstrosity and plaster it in their logos for total humiliation!

2 Likes

Price negotiable apparently, so you might get it for €1k, which is what it’s worth.

Still think there’s a fundamental flaw in its ability to handle the torque but they’re persevering with it and it now shifts.

3 Likes

Yeah, friction massively reduced…but then so is ‘traction’.

1 Like

It just stinks of a never-never product that already served its purpose of getting their name a lot of press time. The basic idea looks like it may work, but can you imagine trying to put 1000 watts through that thing?

1 Like