Brilliant bigger guys and gals >90kg

Dude, that’s the As and Bs. We are not worthy! High power, low weight.

We are just aspiring to such achievements!!

Try out zwift first then see where you figure.

Zwift is afterall just a game. And all of this is just training…

So start at D based on W/ kg would be 1.0-2.5.

I’ve done a few Zwift rides but nothing more than pedalling around trying to find different routes :stuck_out_tongue:

I have low power and high weight, that means I’m worthy of something, right? :stuck_out_tongue:

I’m signing back up to Zwift on Saturday (new shoe day). What are the next steps for joining this gang!

2 Likes

Get zwifting, work out what your comfortable and beyond comfort W/ kg power zones are…for a TT it’s going to be the latter for about 15-30 minutes!!

See how you go. There’s nobody really coming forwards for the TT-C-D squad as yet.

Might have to wait until some of them have banged themselves up and need to recuperate…like the way the premier league treats its U-23s these days…

1 Like

Count me in. currently at a meagre 1.8 watts per KG by Zwift’s reckoning

1 Like

Good stuff…

Surely only need a few more of us to get a decent workout and that prized lanterne rouge on the D cat TTT!

If I don’t get my stress and eating under control, I’m going to be qualifying for this thread soon!

6 Likes

+1 :frowning:

1 Like

In all seriousness stress fucks you up. I start getting stressed, I stop working out, eating bad food, drinking way too much. Its surprisingly quick how you slip down the slope.

9 Likes

Really hinders recovery as well.

2 Likes

And becomes a viscous cycle; when my diet goes to crap and I drink more I feel worse and so comfort eat and drink more in the belief it’ll make me feel better (it doesn’t last).

This isn’t helpful other than to acknowledge you’re not alone (92.5kg today)

4 Likes

Cheers Iain. This is where my habits are headed and I need to arrest it ( I don’t drink, so I guess that’s one thing)

2 Likes

Stress, WFH, etc and I have been making very poor eating decisions since March. Hasn’t helped that I have been having knee and ankle issues so running has been much reduced (cycling already very minimal) and no swimming resulting in a massive calorie imbalance. Have kept away from the scales of late, I agree it can be a (very) vicious cycle.

4 Likes

Following on from organisation of a race for those TT elites, wondering if anyone fancies a Xmas eve race of TT followers at a lower/heavier pace? Just maybe all doing the lunchtime D crit or some such?

@TriCurious I know you’re not in this bracket but if you fancied it it’d be great…

Normally I do a run Xmas eve but damn it I’m so unfit (fat) right now and the weather is forecast so crap that a virtual ride would be great!

If anyone is up for it anyway let me know. My racing weight on zwift is now allied via Withings to my actual weight (thanks TrainingPeaks) so you’re going against 120kg of pure muscle (and fat). Enticing? Probably not.

But this could be the beginning of something great. Or , given our athletic aptitudes, mediocre!! :grinning:

I would be up for this @Memphisraines work permitting and also to make it a regular event.

Should we say 12.30 zhq crit? Leaves rest of day for recovery!! I’ve done it once before and it’s full of sandbaggers. At least this time I could sign up to z power with a clear conscience…

103, been as high as 122, come down 25% on rim brakes without issues… Let’s start a rim vs disc brakes thread… :slight_smile:

2 Likes

You’re a better bike handler than me then!

Came down penbarra (25%) hairpin, bottled it totally and got off and walked.

If I think I’m going over the front I’m off the bike!

2 Likes

This is why I hate descending. Its the same as going up. People who aren’t this size don’t know what its like. You have to be on the brakes early otherwise you pick up too much speed and then trying to slow down is a bum clenching time.

When I was on a camp in Lanza there was a guy bigger than me. He was much braver than me and flew down the hills, think he hit about 75 mph on one.

4 Likes

that’s quick. my best is 68mph - IMCH 2005.

1 Like

I shit myself just over 40 and start braking.

3 Likes