Contents of Your Fridge

When our shopping is delivered the eggs come in the ‘Fridge’ bag. I figure Ocado know what they’re talking about but I’m happy to be wrong. Been eating them for years non refrigerated and never been ill :rofl:

Which one, both types in there?

I frickin hate the stuff!!!

Eggs definitely do not belong in a fridge.
They come from a hen, so stick them back in one!!!

2 Likes

here’s our fridge - there’s a freezer below and we have another freezer and beer fridge in the summerhouse

we spend about £80 a week on food and essentials - and that’s not including the booze bill!

the cooked chicken you see is probably the most expensive item in there! it’s a Sutton Hoo free range chicken from a local butcher. they’re not cheap to say the least but taste fab - much more like a French Bresse chicken. one chicken will give us at least 4 meals.

4 Likes

There’s more sauces in these fridges than food!

1 Like

What’s with all of the yoghurt and fruit juices???
They’re two things I’ll never eat.

I’d rather have the calories as something else

Eggs definitely NOT in the fridge. Especially if they are fresh, there’s no need.

1. No idea. Lots. We don’t do a weekly shop any more, so it’s hard to know as we’ll do a big shop, then lots of smaller ones. We have our veg delivery. And both Mrs GB and i do the in between shops, so hard to track. Also gets bumped up with cat food and nappies! I would guess at more like £150 a week. I like my food.

2. Carb monsters here. Toast, lots of it for breakfast. Snacks - fruit, crackers, bowl of cereal with greek yoghurt, that type of thing, plus any scraps leftover from the girls’ breakfast. Lunch - cheese on toast, pasta with tuna, ‘posh’ beans on toast or leftovers from a big evening meal. Probably a few more snacks between lunch and dinner. Dinner - not much meat. Lots of veggies. Stir frys, currys, risotto, paella that type of thing. Crisps in the evening with tonnes of hummus or biscuits or chocolate or all of the above.

3. Not a fan of mustard or wasabi. Used to be a seriously fussy bugger, now i’ll eat pretty much anything.

4. Most ales, IPAs, red and white wine. Don’t do spirits.

5. Doesn’t happen very often. But crisps are the only thing i’ll eat when i’m rancid.

6. Restricted by choice here. But I’d happily cycle through all the main ones if we had access. Maybe once a month or so. Love fish and chips down on the beach. Our indian and chinese are below average.

7. Hmm. I do love pizza. Though I guess i’m unsure of what is meant by ‘comfort’. All food gives me comfort as i love it!

3 Likes

Very good!

More juice and yoghurts to keep @Poet happy

Murky stuff top left is pea soup for lunches this week

Pack of filled pasta is my emergency CBA evening meal

3 Likes

Who’s have thought it, it turns out middle aged male triathletes all keep similar stuff in their fridges😀

Except the turtle.

6 Likes

Good pasta that - for a quick meal :+1:t3:
Is that soured cream?
I just whack that, some garlic, butter, shallots and cheese together for the sauce to go with it.
Sort of a cheats béchamel?

1 Like

yeah we do similar for those ‘got no time’ days. Onion, garlic, spice and a tin of chopped toms and you’re away. <5 min meal.

1 Like

Creme fraiche - left over from making a pie and being finished off by adding a dollop into my soup at lunch.

Must admit I just eat a pack of pasta like that on its own with no sauce :man_shrugging: :joy:

1 Like

We keep eggs in the fridge, I’m happy with this as there’s nowhere else in our shitty kitchen to keep them, and obviously Maryka grew up with them having to be in the fridge.

Ah god… I’ve never felt so isolated. Can someone post some pics of food just randomly tossed in… food, not just vegetables and sauces.
Im going to have to clean my fridge at lunch now… you lot are making me sick!

5 Likes

Your grouting is out by 1-2mm where it meets at the wall junction. Maybe it’s just my eyesight, but I thought you’d really appreciate the feedback.

:bomb:

4 Likes

Kitchen and dining room are coming out…so :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
Just gotta keep looking at this IKEA kitchen with SMEG/NEFF appliance (!) for 5-8 years :sob:

Floor tiles also aren’t laid straight with the units which REALLY gets my goat :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

Can you actually use the burner without the butter melting in the dish?

Yeah. All the time. It’s cold in the kitchen - three outside walls and no radiator and I don’t turn on the underfloor heating.

My wife now wants to join the forum - cause you all made me clean the fridge!
Off to the rant thread…

8 Likes