COVID-19 The Thread

Have you done the Haute Route? That was a good slog in August heat! (2003)

1 Like

No! However in 2003 I did the GR20 through Corsica, that was a hot affair too. I was hoping to do the Jubilee ridge between the Zugspitze and the Alpspitze this year, but I think thatā€™ll be something for next year now.

2 Likes

I was fully focused on Ironman in my Erding days, so I only ended-up doing the Alpsitze Klettersteig and the Zugspitze via the cable car. Everything else was pretty much sight-seeing around DE, AT & IT at the weekends.

1 Like

doing the HR in May on skis in blazing sunshine was hard work - especially wearing mostly black! #sweatinglikeaglassblowersarse

2 Likes

Had my Booster this morning. I was the only one there at Bath Racecourse; queued for an hour for my second jab there a year ago! Moderna this time.

My arm is now starting to hurt; and Iā€™m starting to feel a bit crappy.

3 Likes

was that #3 jab?? seems to be a long time coming

1 Like

Yeah, I thought they were done with boosters now unless you are in one of the vulnerable categories or working in healthcare.

The only vaccination centres still operating around here are at the big hospitals.

If youā€™ve had less than 3 doses and are over 16, you can still just book another one.

Itā€™s the 4th (or 5th) that you need inviting for.

2 Likes

This is my delayed 3rd dose.

1 Like

Any particular reason why youā€™ve decided to have it now? The rising cases, for travel?

I havenā€™t had my booster yet, but would have got the antibodies from having it in February until these new variants arrived.

Holiday next month!

4 Likes

Thought it might be. I need to check the rules of where Iā€™m going which was discussed elsewhere.

There are no requirements for Montenegro, but my parents are fussing so much for me to sort it out ā€˜just in caseā€™ so I got it!

Spent most of the night shivering, popping paracetamol every 4h.

2 Likes

The Moderna seems to have that effect. I donā€™t have the parents problem and I think the GF has given up nagging me!

I do have the France conundrum but I think a negative test will suffice. But Iā€™m going to about 5 different countries in the next 2 months, although I suspect the short time in Italy for UTMB wonā€™t be an issue!

1 Like

Youā€™re going on hols with your olds?!

:grimacing:

I couldnā€™t think of anything worse! :joy:

5 Likes

No, itā€™s just that they went away a few weeks back and needed proof of vaccination (Majorca). My Mum was like ā€œwhat if they change the rules at the last minute?ā€

2 Likes

If I can get a booster I would. Even mildly itā€™s a total PITA.

1 Like

They did have some requirements Italy for UTMB last year but needless to say nobody was stood at the top of the Col de La Seigne all night checking :roll_eyes:

IIRC Italy had quite different requirements to France

Customs at Geneva airport couldnā€™t have been less bothered as soon as we told them we were going to Chamonix

3 Likes

So day 3 of COVID and I finally feel a bit more human. Still coughing but temp has gone.

How long do I leave it before trying exercise?
Anyone done a race a week after recovering?
Trying to decide what I do about Cotswolds.

9 Likes

Canā€™t help sorry, as Iā€™m still (knowingly) Rona free.

Fingers crossed you get there firing on at least a few cylinders though.