Critique my position/bike/thighs

I agree re the cycling, the guys have a chain gang that goes out to rip each others legs off. I either want to TT balls outs or MTB. Crits etc are not my thing

1 Like

@JaRok2300 - that is hilarious!!!
Well done that man

My oh my, where can one acquire such kit?

Yeah, when the selcof bars went on I took a hacksaw to the steerer tube at the same time. Still not perfect but better than before. When I look at the current crop of bikes with integrated brakes, drinks systems and bars, my trusty Argon does look very agricultural.

@Poet itā€™s Shimano 105 with a 53 ring. Donā€™t think I need to go bigger; Iā€™m a spinner rather than a grinder. Blackā€™s a bit more flattering to the MAMIL figure line.

You need to sort that front skewer.

I canā€™t see how thatā€™s possible to be honest! Most triathletes canā€™t do 3.8k straight in an hour, let alone off rest, plus warm up and some drills?! Our club sessions normally cover about 2.5k within an hour in the advanced group (Wednesdays). 2-2.5k in the intermediate (Fridays).

Seeing as everyone is getting into posting images, hereā€™s my long course position from last year. The middle one is about the only remotely side on image I actually have from any race:

Definitely could get lower aero wise, but that was what felt comfortable during my last fit and I was able to hold that for 5+ hrs with basically no break.

That foliage needs dealing with and put some weedkiller down

The kit is just any old stuff (including work socks) as it was before a turbo session and just dragged it out of the shed to take the photo, hence the wheels & tyres too.

The skewer is in the best position to tuck in behind the fork leg, are you saying it should be horizontal as if in line with the fork leg it sticks out further?

Iā€™m a lost cause but I feel I owe the bike a better picturešŸ˜

I love classic bikesā€¦ but only that bikeā€™s parents would call it beautiful

1 Like

Weā€™ll have to agree to disagree on that. I wouldnā€™t swap it for anything new.
Iā€™ve wanted one ever since Lance rode one disguised as a Trek at the TdF because it was faster than anything they had at the time.
Ps. Iā€™ll give you the seatpost/junction - thatā€™s pants!

Iā€™d like to know why my picture at start of a race looks like Iā€™m sat up more (even tho I could see a photographer so obviously tried to look aero :rofl:ā€¦) yet a picture later which I didnt even know about, looks lower - same race.

Look forward to the ever helpful comments :smile:

1 Like

Looks like youā€™re changing gear in the top pick which might mean that youā€™re trying to get a bit more leverage on the shifter? I know this happens to me sometimes. Interesting that youā€™ve got your spares bottle mounted behind the seat attached across it rather than in line? Donā€™t think Iā€™ve seen that before.

As a Van Nic owner, I love a bit of Ti.

Youā€™ve got the best helmet to back blending so far. :smiley:

Yeah spare bottle is side on. Justificationā€¦erm
For anything shortish Iā€™ll just stash it in the spare holder on the frame, and just use speedfil for all fluids I need. Love the speedfil as otherwise I donā€™t drink - so happy to take any aero hit there.
So on the longer stuff I needed to store it elsewhere, read so many things about the cages behind the seat ejecting bottles, so just cable tied it direct to back of saddle. Not sure how much itā€™ll cost me, but Iā€™d rather know its still attached and it never moves. So I stuck with it.

Yeh, Iā€™ve got a Van Nic road bike too, in theory a frame for life and keep chucking components at it.

My head is stuck up in the wind though, need to rotate the whole thing around the point of the helmet until in line with my body. Turtle, shrug but I prefer the description used on ST, ā€œlike a drunk slumped at the barā€. That sounds like something I can do :slight_smile:

1 Like

Was that frame an A-Level DT project? :wink::smile:

Hold my pintā€¦

Again 2 years old, so less aero. Should get a current pic at the 113.

That looks like Holme Pierrepont to meā€¦

I guess I should be grateful you said A-Level rather than GCSE:sob:

1 Like