Discussing the news

You do seem to get local collusion on prices. I’ve noticed that the prices in and around Windsor always seem to be higher than everywhere else, including the supermarkets. I guess if you have a relatively closed market where a lot of your consumers are only driving in and around the same area you can probably get away with it.

2 Likes

Yeah, plus we are so close to the M1 and there is loads and loads of distribution centres its well worth their while keeping the prices up. Bastards.

2 Likes

Gloom. Gloom. Gloom.

1 Like

Is this a real, actual paper that people buy?

“Proud to love animals” - que???

3 Likes

I. ABSOLUTELY. ADORE. THE DAILY STAR :heart_eyes:

I never read it, I just love the front page.
It never fails to amuse me.

4 Likes

One of our lads is on a uni trip in France. Apparently the coach driver hasn’t finished filling up yet :grimacing:

6 Likes

Well - hardly a surprise

1 Like

Which may be painful for this chap. £25k on loans and credit cards, £1.8k per month servicing them. He says if business tails off he’ll need to tighten his belt and cut out the non essentials. Erm…

2 Likes

Forking hell.
Have you read all of them?

My heart fucking bleeds for Louise Parker :violin:

“We might not be able to buy a massive house in Brighton by borrowing to the absolute limit, due to incredibly low interest rates”

Seeing as you live in Brighton, get. In. The. Fucking. Sea.

6 Likes

“It’s just such an adjustment to have to think about interest rates. It’s a new hurdle in the mix.”

:roll_eyes: :rofl:

4 Likes

I did read them all. “We may have to buy something £200k less than we hoped”. Right…

@Whisk I chuckled at that too. But I guess they’ve been low for so long there’s a whole generation that’s going to get a shock.

2 Likes

Did she not look at the absolutely petrifying KFI when she took out her mortgage?

The bit that says;

For example, if interest rates rose to 11.00%, your payments could increase to £MASSIVE NUMBER

in massive bold letters

Or when they tell you what the payment is at 3% over the current rate.

You know? The SVR you revert to.
Can you afford that even?

:man_facepalming:t4:

2 Likes

I just want to know more about the rum factory and Dr Zik’s extraordinary bubbles :man_shrugging:

2 Likes

I did google Dr Zigs bubbles. I was very disappointed.

1 Like

BP service stations on M6 - £2.19 a litre for diesel. Think that was highest I’ve seen it. Checkout girl looked very embarrassed lol

2 Likes

I was watching someone fill up one of those horse vans, the massive ones. Think she had to do about 3 transactions due to the £100 limit :flushed:

3 Likes

People, reading things!? Don’t be ridiculous.

3 Likes

£500 a month. A recession coming?

I predict a riot

No. No they did not :man_facepalming:t4:

They were >5% prior to 2008, which is what - <15 years ago :man_shrugging:t4:

Lazy.

Rishi Sunak and Liz Truss row over recession warning in latest TV clash Rishi Sunak and Liz Truss row over recession warning in latest TV clash - BBC News

1 Like

Alex Jones the conspiracy theorist has been handed a $4m dollar compensation judgement over his Sandy Hook hoax claims, not entirely helped I’d imagine, by his lawyers sending 2 years of text/messages from his phone to the plantiffs’ lawyers - oops!

Apparently he also claimed that there are chemicals in drinknig water which are making frog homosexual, hmmm.

2 Likes