Discussing the news

Minichiello was never liked by EA, always seemed like a strained relationship, like he was tolerated at best. Wasnt invited to events as an EA coach. I always thought it was typical NGB not appreciating the decent coaches whilst fast tracking “favourites” into the top jobs. Maybe there has always been concerns though and only now they could finally act.

2 Likes

Could well be.

Tricky to tell and there may have been both prejudice against him and his own inappropriate behaviour, independently or related.

There is generally a problem that most people want to simply see either one or the other, not the complexity of both at the same time.

2 Likes

In BBCs Must See section Triathlon: First-time triathlete learns to swim in eight weeks - BBC News

On 14 June, he entered a swimming pool for the first time in his life.
On his first attempt at the 350m distance, he recorded a time of 25 minutes. Last Saturday, he finished the swim leg of the triathlon in just over 13 minutes.

Top job!

7 Likes

First time sprint tri.

• time trial bike :white_check_mark:

• aero lid :white_check_mark:

• visor headwear for run :white_check_mark:

:smile:

Fair play choosing an OW swim.

7 Likes

:laughing:

This should be doing the round on YouTube not the Icantbearsedpreparing twats you see on GTN and FB

1 Like

I’m confused :upside_down_face:

Surely the only thing they’ve learned is how to not use an apostrophe :person_shrugging:t3::joy:

9 Likes

Or capital letters; but it is a cob!

1 Like

Cob is a loaf right?

A bread roll, bap etc.

1 Like

I was willing to let that slide, for aesthetic purposes.
But not using an apostrophe changes the meaning.

Also, COB.

Cob = Mood.

“Eee, thee’s gor a reet cob on”

“You are in a very bad mood”

5 Likes

What’s a loaf got to do with it

1 Like

Who needs a loaf, when a loaf can be broken :bread::broken_heart:

5 Likes

:grin:

1 Like

I’ll try to ignore that it means more than that