@Enduroman Arch to Arc

thank you!

1 Like

iirc you had a pretty crappy swim crossing didnt you? wasnt you unlucky with the weather and had a long wait, or am i confusing you with someone else?

1 Like

My swim was crappy due to very cold weather earlier in the year, it didn’t delay me on the day. Water temp at 12.5C was bracing and the tides were strong. Plus it was choppy - my wife (who is an oceanographer) was seasick as was one of the crew from the pilot boat. But that’s the big risk with channel swimming - you book it a couple of years in advance and don’t get much choice on your weather window.

And why Arch 2 Arc is such a difficult event to get right - but also why it appeals.

5 Likes

There’s a nickname :wink:

3 Likes

Any news on if/when this is going ahead?

1 Like

nope…weather models are beginning to align which is a good sign…and a slim possibility on Friday…

Weather watching…

6 Likes

Feking weather…

8 Likes

We are go…

Swim window opens 03:30 Saturday

ETD Marble Arch: 21:00 today…

21 Likes

Awesome. Will be tracking

2 Likes

Alright, let’s be having ya. Will be dot watching

2 Likes

25k. Perfect conditions

15 Likes

About 66 k in so just over half way but feeling it after a good night

16 Likes

Totally bonkers but pass on my good luck :+1:

4 Likes

If you miss your date slot, does that mean you miss your chance to do it? I noticed Mark Yates is listed Aug 16th - Aug 25th but was unable to start due to weather.

Good luck to Paul, tracking and look forward to updates.

2 Likes

Yes. You miss your slot. Although they try hard to get you in

1 Like

13 hours. Coming up in 90k

3 Likes

He was struggling to eat for a couple of hours in the night and got cold. Stiff now but moving forward

7 Likes

The thing I could never get my head around was swimming at all after running, let alone 80odd miles of running! I know you prepare for it, which generally as a traffie you don’t, but I only needed to do an easy run at lunch and the evening swim always ended with me rolling about in agony poolside :wink:

6 Likes

Not been lucky with the weather so far, winter temps overnight cant have helped at all Must have been close to 4c at times. Parts of Kent have their own micro climate much colder than others (In winter certain villages can have deep snow when its perfect weather just up the road)

2 Likes